ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,m looking at the codefree test strips and theres nothing saying about non diabetic or diabetic

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if you click on the link I gave for diabetics that will be the one you need to order. On that page it says size: I am diabetic and under that colour. under colour there are two boxes, one for 50 strips, one for 100 strips. click on the one you want.

does that help?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just looked at amazon again and there is an option to order 50 or 100 both as a diabetic and non diabetic.
I still think that's a bit dubious having separate listings. Particularly in the early days, I would never have twigged that there should have been options. Have you considered going directly to homehealth?

Reactions: 2 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I still think that's a bit dubious having separate listings. Particularly in the early days, I would never have twigged that there should have been options. Have you considered going directly to homehealth?

Prices are the same at amazon as they are at home health so as I was ordering other things from amazon I went with them.

Amazon have definitely changed their listings and they didn't used to be separate.

I asked my husbands opinion and he categorically said " you are not diabetic and your levels aren't even pre diabetic so you can't say that you are". That told me:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Harpar

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst I would not suggest that anyone told fibs . . . . Just tick yes, diabetic, and buy the blooming things. IMO they shouldn't carry VAT anyway. The only people that will not be getting a bit from the sale is the government - Oh dear - but if you prevent yourself from becoming diabetic by testing then that saving will by far outweigh the tiny VAT charge that you would have paid on your test strips.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst I would not suggest that anyone told fibs . . . . Just tick yes, diabetic, and buy the blooming things. IMO they shouldn't carry VAT anyway. The only people that will not be getting a bit from the sale is the government - Oh dear - but if you prevent yourself from becoming diabetic by testing then that saving will by far outweigh the tiny VAT charge that you would have paid on your test strips.

already ordered:)

A

AnnieC

Amazon have changed their system. Some listings are for diabetics and some for non diabetics, they don't have a dropdown box. It seems that diabetics can buy a box of 50 but non diabetics can only buy 2 boxes of 50.
I buy my codefree ones from Amazon and didn't know there was a difference. I just order mine usually 100 and it says... I am diabetic...you can buy100 just click on the.. how many ..box didn't know there was a non diabetic one I thought they were all the same I always just click on the first one in the list

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy my codefree ones from Amazon and didn't know there was a difference. I just order mine usually 100 and it says... I am diabetic...you can buy100 just click on the.. how many ..box didn't know there was a non diabetic one I thought they were all the same I always just click on the first one in the list

if you haven't ordered any for a while you will probably notice they have changed their listings next time you order.

A

AnnieC

if you haven't ordered any for a while you will probably notice they have changed their listings next time you order.
Yes I bought some recently so don't know when they changed it I just click on the first one in the list and it say ..I am a diabetic...I didn't know there was another one I think as prediabetics we should be as entitled to no vat on strips as diabetics are isn't it enough that we are paying for them ourself

Reactions: 3 people