Acne in a T2

SteveB66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Hi all, I'm going through a prolonged period of quite bad acne on my face. My BG control was not so good for about 3 months but is now back to normal due to a change in my insulin regime. I was wondering if there was any relationship between fluctuating BG levels i.e. going from high BG levels to normal BG levels in terms of acne. I would expect acne with high BG levels but I was hoping that they would clear up once the levels normalised. Strangely, it's worse than it was when high so I'm confused.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
I can imagine it would impact your skin flora. I have recurrent abscesses and what i'm reading suggests the higher blood sugar basically feeds the bacteria. I use Hibiscrub to prevent more abscesses and it generally works well. I buy it on Amazon...£5 for 500ml. Don't have acne since i got out of my 20s so no other help i'm afraid.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

SteveB66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
I can imagine it would impact your skin flora. I have recurrent abscesses and what i'm reading suggests the higher blood sugar basically feeds the bacteria. I use Hibiscrub to prevent more abscesses and it generally works well. I buy it on Amazon...£5 for 500ml. Don't have acne since i got out of my 20s so no other help i'm afraid.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thanks for your reply - i'm seeing the doc tomorrow so will see what he says.

Reactions: 4 people