Help! I have so much weight to lose

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good work girls!!

Sand - it's admirable you go put so early to exercise. Wish I could while kids are asleep but that would be illegal!!!!

I think I'll do some weight training as you've spurred me on!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good work girls!!

Sand - it's admirable you go put so early to exercise. Wish I could while kids are asleep but that would be illegal!!!!

I think I'll do some weight training as you've spurred me on!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
Use the bottom step of the stairs. Lead with right leg for 50 then left leg. Takes a few minutes and you could do it several times during the day. Also, when you need the bathroom go up and down stairs 5 times (before or after). :)

Reactions: 6 people

Jill the tt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unkindness
So my fasting BG this morning was 6.5 and after a 45 min walk (moderate pace) it was still 6.5.

I want to explain my comments about the heat. To do that I'll tell you about a trip to Berlin a few years back. It was November, there was snow on the ground although it didn't snow while we were there. Everyone was wearing coats (double layered), hats gloves and scarves and they're more used to having colder winters than us in this country. I wore jeans, T-shirt and jumper. After walking for 10 mins or so, I took the jumper off and had bare arms. Yes I got some funny looks! - but I was uncomfortably hot wearing the jumper. So, this is why I really do struggle in the Summer when it's hot and humid, and that's also why I prefer to get up early mornings to walk while it's still cool.

i so get this, went skiing years ago, no one could understand why i didn't take my jacket of in the cafe, i only had undies on, still cooked.

i'm willing you and connie on today, keep smiling, i read in Dr Jonh Briffa's book "escape the diet trap" that it's how you eat 70% of the time that matters, getting stressed will make you feel worse, go look in the mirror and say i like you to yourselves and say it till you mean it, you are awesome and very much cared about. read the words to sunscreen, i used to stress about things then a really bad thing happened in my life (not life threatening) i don't want to go into it here as very personal, but things that blindside us are what we never worry about and take us completely by surprise, you have done so well you're inspiring, another thought what about swimming it's so cooling. I make peanut butter fat bombs and haven't touched chocolate since.

why don't i get any fun at the airport lol.
have a great day, i'll be thinking of you both

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
They do! That's the problem, this woman took like ....forever....and another passenger (male) said to me 'Well, she had a good feel' It was horrid and embarrassing, that's obviously why I needed so many beers in Boston.
I always find withering sarcasm works in these situations! But then I am not as nice as you.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Zand you have done so well 32 lbs is an awful lot of weight be pleased with yourself please ! Bras are a necessary evil in my opinion so if we have to wear them they need to fit . I used to get measured in M & S do they still offer this service?

Doing lovely 2 packs in pretty colours so you can get 2 bras for the price of 1 in marks and spencer!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I won't fly KLM again for a similar reason. A couple of years ago I was "frisked" by a woman at schipol ... Below the waist, with hands, by a woman!!! I think she was bored that day. Disgusting ... Shocked me as I wasn't expecting it.

I suppose that people hide all kinds of intimate places but it makes me cross my legs just thinking about it! Yuck! You need some mind bleach. Lol!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't know why you worry about what to say...you always say it perfectly! Yes tomorrow is another day, and to think I usually walk away from a diet/eating plan after the first binge!

Thanks guys....I nearly didn't share this with you all 'cos I was too ashamed.:rolleyes:
We're all human beings at the end of the day and we all will have done this or will do this. Stop beating yourself up for being a human being! Big hug!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So my fasting BG this morning was 6.5 and after a 45 min walk (moderate pace) it was still 6.5.

I want to explain my comments about the heat. To do that I'll tell you about a trip to Berlin a few years back. It was November, there was snow on the ground although it didn't snow while we were there. Everyone was wearing coats (double layered), hats gloves and scarves and they're more used to having colder winters than us in this country. I wore jeans, T-shirt and jumper. After walking for 10 mins or so, I took the jumper off and had bare arms. Yes I got some funny looks! - but I was uncomfortably hot wearing the jumper. So, this is why I really do struggle in the Summer when it's hot and humid, and that's also why I prefer to get up early mornings to walk while it's still cool.
I used to be like that but as I've got thinner (god it feels great to say that) I've noticed I don't get as hot. Do you walk quickly? I ask because I notice that I walk twice as quickly as most of the people I see on my walk. If I slowed my pace down, perhaps I wouldn't arrive at Lidl looking like I've run a marathon!

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be like that but as I've got thinner (god it feels great to say that) I've noticed I don't get as hot. Do you walk quickly? I ask because I notice that I walk twice as quickly as most of the people I see on my walk. If I slowed my pace down, perhaps I wouldn't arrive at Lidl looking like I've run a marathon!
Well I am not the sort of person who paces herself! So I walk as quickly as I am able...always.....sometimes that's fast and sometimes it's really slow.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
I've got a lot of weight to lose too but having tried this LCHF stuff for a week I feel more convinced than ever that I can do it...the weight is dropping off! Long may it continue :)

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got a lot of weight to lose too but having tried this LCHF stuff for a week I feel more convinced than ever that I can do it...the weight is dropping off! Long may it continue :)

Well done! Brilliant! I'm so pleased to hear it! :)

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Not done too badly though still getting used to it and have inadvertently had too many carbs for dinner - ugh! I entered the value into My Fitness Pal but got the weight wrong...thought I was only have 28g carbs but turned out it was 50g. I have been having no more than 40-45g at one time and then leaving 2 hrs before anything else carby. I'm still going through diagnosis and it looks like (fingers crossed) I'm probably pre-diabetic, so I have a lot to gain by getting my head round LCHF.

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was also a bad team member. Executive stress!

I'll try harder tomorrow x