Goodbye fellow diabetes peeps :-)

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Sorry to hear that Mo - have a break and see whether you want to come back once your head has cleared a bit.

I always thought you were very helpful and fair minded; which is not an easy path to steer around here.

Best

Dillinger

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a shame you feel as you do, Mo, but if that's your decision, then I wish you well and hope you can find something to fill all that additional spare time you will have!!

Please don't be a stranger though. I'm sure you would always be warmly welcomed any time you chose to pop into this virtual place.

Look after yourself.

Reactions: 7 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Mo! I thought you were a great mod and a great guy but I totally get what you've said-I feel the same so have just popped in to say Take care and all the best mate! :)

Reactions: 5 people

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Thank you Mo for your modding - have always thought you were even handed, even with those that really deserved a straight out ban.

Kinda surprised any mod lasts here longer than 3 weeks.
Should be fun to watch the forums become over run by trolls and self promoters of crack pot theories now there are no mods to provide any form of checks.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
I've seen quite a few mods in my time on here, Mo, and you've been up there with the best. You'll be missed.

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Just a short note from me to let you all know ( well, those that are interested ) that I shall be bowing out from the forum from now on. I won't go into too much detail but I have become disillusioned with the way things are run here and lack of co-operation amongst staff and other moderators.
I joined this forum approx 30 months ago and knew nothing about my condition. Everything I know I have picked up from people like yourselves and I want to thank you all for that. I wish you all good health and happiness. Take care , Mo :)
I think this is really sad , take care mo.....

Reactions: 8 people

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope to see you back soon mo, you are going to be missed by many people, always a kind word to say, as well as helping many people. You have been here since I was diagnosed or (not long after). best wishes for future, see you back soon :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best . You've always seemed even handed to me, and having run a forum myself in last, that's not an easy thing to be.

Reactions: 9 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You will be missed and many people are saying loud and clear that they've appreciated your modding, and I'm adding my voice to that chorus, you've done a good job..
A relative newbie, I don't really understand and can only imagine the issues you outlined, but I hope you'll reconsider and stick around.:(;)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A pity you feel you must leave - you'll be missed. Thanks for all your hard work on the forum - often a somewhat thankless job I think!

Robbity

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very sorry that you feel you have to leave. You were a voice of reason that will be sorely missed. Your humour and light touch were an effective deterrent. All of the best to you for the future.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh my, I have only just seen this thread. I don;t know what to say except :( *wave*

Reactions: 3 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mo - I hope you find a break is all you need, and come back.
i have always been impressed by your even handed posts, and loved your sense of humour:)

Do consider returning to post with us

Signy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't believe I missed this.

Very sorry. I was impressed with his contributions.