My story so far.....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, im new to this group so thought id post with my story..... I have been a type 1 for nearly two years now as we all do I had the usual dramatic start and was very poorly!!! Just over 6 months ago I was put on a insulin pump get better control (this was a new challenge for me personally) I really struggled with coming to terms with this until about 4 weeks ago. I had high cholesterol and due to the pump was putting on weight....... Again as we know there are many ups and downs in our personal journey with diabetes. So 4 weeks ago id had enough 'something had to change' which is what I did and im not looking back. I have never been happier and healthier I love how much more energy I have along with finally reducing my insulin intake by 3/4 and loosing the weight i had gained.... This is now the start of my journey were all dealt a rough card at some point but right here right now im on top of the world and its only the beginning for me!! I would love to hear your story us diabetics need to motivate each other and spread the positives!!! :)

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thats great :) you sound like your definately on the right track, from strength to strength :D

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
very inspiring - can you please tell us what have you changed to make things better?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Really pleased you've turned things around Ginnie. Motivation and a positive state of mind are all useful tools in managing diabetes :)