Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to the start then:( I wish I liked eggs:(

So you don't like cake, creme brûlée or mayo then? ;)

Eggs and cheese is a wonder-combo.
So are curried eggs.
Hard boiled eggs mashed, warm with grated cheese and mayo is one of life's better creations...
And I'm dying to try the scrambled egg with prawns mentioned over in a brekkie thread...

What don't you like? Egg texture or flavour?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Zand , what do you like? Maybe we could come up with some recipes, meal plans that might help you. Also you can get to like things .. For years I couldn't eat raw tomatoes especially cherry ones but now I'll happily have them in a salad. I started buying the baby plum ones and slicing them and after a few times it was ok.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i dont mind eggs but i cannot eat them every day. My concern is to eat high fat you will clock up the calories pretty fast. i mean can you really lose weight if you are eating low carb but say 2000kcal a day? also i find that i can do a couple of days and then the withdrawal symptoms kick in i think and i find it very hard to stay strong
Some people do lose weight on that, but I wouldn't, I do have to watch calories too, but it's best to try without counting calories to start with

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

So are curried eggs.
Hard boiled eggs mashed, warm with grated cheese and mayo is one of life's better creations...
And I'm dying to try the scrambled egg with prawns mentioned over in a brekkie thread...

I love what we always called mock crab at home.. Egg mashed with mayo, salad cream loads of pepper and some chopped tomato.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

So are curried eggs.

I don't like texture flavour or smell, or having a sore bum because I dropped 15 dozen of them and was smacked with a wooden spoon when I was about 8

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mind you, too many eggs make me fart distilled sulphur.

Which is an interesting experience.

So I can relate on the sore bum aspect.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Zand , what do you like? Maybe we could come up with some recipes, meal plans that might help you. Also you can get to like things .. For years I couldn't eat raw tomatoes especially cherry ones but now I'll happily have them in a salad. I started buying the baby plum ones and slicing them and after a few times it was ok.
Oh I can eat tomatoes now, I didn't use to like them. I like Pizza and chips and roast potatoes mostly

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly those things aren't on the menu for us anymore, though tbh I've not missed them anywhere near as much as I thought ( pizza I don't miss at all as it isn't great) . I'm lucky that I like most things, need to avoid wheat and gluten for other reasons and can see eating low carb as doable long term. I think you are going to have to try and get head round trying new things so that you get variety and don't get bored with what you are eating.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

So are curried eggs.

I like Yorkshire pudding and crepes and crème brûlée!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure you could make low carb crepes with almond flour. I make creme brûlée with creme Fraiche and thick yogurt and rhubarb. I need to try and see if Splenda will brown at all.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, I'm jealous! You got a thingy accent on your creme.
Huh! Favouritism!!!
Or did you laboriously insert it?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I think that's the problem, I don't like cooking so find excuses not to do it then I get bored. I do have some jeans I want to fit into though........

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Neither.....I copied and pasted it from somewhere else....it was quicker.

Cheat!!!
How cunning.
I shall do that next time.

Right.
Off to bed.
W**k in the morning. :spitoutdummy:

G'night All

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, I'll stop whinging and get on with it. I have done the bl**dy diet for around 3 years (yes with lapses) so I have to be able to do it again, don't I?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you make your creme brûlée and could I use different fruit?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I am sure you could use whatever you like. I have used drained tinned peaches in the days when I could eat them. I'm not great on quantities, but you just layer a grill proof dish with fruit of choice, then top with thick layer of creme Fraiche mixed with Greek yogurt, or use double cream if you prefer to CF, sprinkle with layer of brown sugar if you aren't as diabetic as me then brown under jot grill till top goes all melted and then chewy hard. I've not tried it with Splenda so not sure if that would brown at all. I have seen sites that put a layer of chopped nuts on top as a crunchy substitute. You could use a mixture of sugar substitute and a bit of say muscavado sugar to give you some of the sticky crunchiness and less carbs.

Reactions: 3 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sure you could use whatever you like. I have used drained tinned peaches in the days when I could eat them. I'm not great on quantities, but you just layer a grill proof dish with fruit of choice, then top with thick layer of creme Fraiche mixed with Greek yogurt, or use double cream if you prefer to CF, sprinkle with layer of brown sugar if you aren't as diabetic as me then brown under jot grill till top goes all melted and then chewy hard. I've not tried it with Splenda so not sure if that would brown at all. I have seen sites that put a layer of chopped nuts on top as a crunchy substitute. You could use a mixture of sugar substitute and a bit of say muscavado sugar to give you some of the sticky crunchiness and less carbs.

Thanks! Mmm will have to try this tomorrow

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App