I've recently been diagnoised as gloucose intolerent, but have many symtoms of diabetes, confused?

HBR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My doctor didn't give me any advice, my original blood test showed high levels of glucose indicating diabetes, but the fasting test showed glucose intolerence... I have many sign's of diabetes and now I'm confused as what to do. If I have too much sugar I have epsiodes of sweating, palputations and feeling of faintness, with a slow heart rate. I try to eat health but really don't know where to go from here. I live in Greece which isn't quite upto date with the latest info, can anyone give me some advice as I've had some pretty bad black outs?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, welcome. There can be some confusion as what you term glucose intolerance. Did your doctor say you had T1 or T2 or another condition?
There is plenty of good advice on here read some of the threads. Have a look at low carbing and stop having sugar. The Greeks have some great low carb dishes And the meat dishes are excellAnt and I have grown to like the Greek full fat yoghurt. There is no reason to worry.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps you could give us some idea of what levels your tests were, and the measurement units if you know them.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Did the doctor tell you any readings? With only a small degree of increased blood sugar you would have no symptoms. The symptoms you mention would include some for blood sugar above around 20 mmol which would definitely show up in any fasting test. I would suggest buying a glucose meter and doing some checking yourself. In the meantime adopt a low-carb diet which as another poster said is not too difficult with the Greek diet.

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
My doctor didn't give me any advice, my original blood test showed high levels of glucose indicating diabetes, but the fasting test showed glucose intolerence... I have many sign's of diabetes and now I'm confused as what to do. If I have too much sugar I have epsiodes of sweating, palputations and feeling of faintness, with a slow heart rate. I try to eat health but really don't know where to go from here. I live in Greece which isn't quite upto date with the latest info, can anyone give me some advice as I've had some pretty bad black outs?
The best advice I can offer is to act like you have been diagnosed with diabetes whether or not the doctors agree.

If you aren't diabetic the worst that can happen is you'll punch some holes in your fingers and eat healthier.

If you are diabetic a change in your lifestyle now may have benefits for the rest of your longer, healthier life.

Begin here: Getting Started

Reactions: 2 people