Need some Advice on Blood Tests and Sugar levels

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yeh I was suffering colds/bugs etc for about 6 weeks in dec last yr,which is why i went to docs in the first place,,, when i was a kid if i was ill my mum used to always give me and ma sis Lucozade to help us get better,,so I was going over to sainsburys on ma lunch everyday and they had the big bottles on buy one get one,,,,so I did.

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
will do,,,either way my system didn't handle it so I will be sticking to my healthier lifestyle from now on whatever my next test says,, was so chuffed to be able to get into a pair of jeans in a 32" waist again,, and could have done with a belt too lol,,,havent been in 32's since my 20's :)

Reactions: 3 people

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the Good news,, got the email from the Army to invite me to the assessment center/ practical medical phase. So my GP report must have been positive and never made anything out of that one test score. The bad news (not really bad in the grand scheme) is of all the days for this assessment they have picked the day after our opening game of the season at Ibrox against Hearts lol.

The Joining instructions state due to having to provide a sample ( the drug screen I thought) I have refrain for 12 hours before from ALL alcohol, coffee, fizzy drinks and or energy drinks and sugary foods? This is due to possible complications with the sample but sounds to me like they will be testing sugar levels etc by whats on that no no list. Strange,, how accurate is a urine sample be for that???? Would have thought they would have just done bloods.

Anyway although I am a little disappointed as I had been looking forward to the match for months now and haven't had a single drink since the world cup final ,, first things come first and I will be T-Total for the first time. If it had been any other game than our first one of the season I would just skip going into the fans bar all together,,,but as its been a few months since seeing the regulars and its our first match I kind of feel obliged to go in and show face if you know what I mean.

So can anyone help here,, if I cant even have a diet coke,,, apart from water what else can I order??? My wife said just order J2O ,, but I'M betting they will be high in sugars. Has anyone got any suggestions ???

P.S. I know how bad this sounds when you have to ask a forum about a non alcoholic drink order lol,, but thought this would be the best place to get the healthiest bar options as you all might have been there,, not that they might all be available in a Glasgow bar that is. :)

Harpar

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
J2O - Sorry 32g carbs in one small serving, I would leave that off your list.