Do you think astrology could help us?

C

catherinecherub

GPs could use astrology to treat patients more efficiently, says MP
28 July 2014 | By Sofia Lind

GPs may benefit from using astrology to make health services more efficient and reduce public spend, a member of the House of Commons Health Committee has told Pulse.

David Tredinnick, Conservative MP for Bosworth, said he believes that the ancient practice - used in western, eastern and native American cultures for thousands of years - could ‘certainly’ be useful to GPs and also help reduce the cost of NHS as a whole.

The debate was important, he added, to stop the overuse of antibiotics and reduce pressure on doctors, by guiding patients in understanding what type of ailments they may be prone to, based on the position of the planets at the time they were born.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/po...ciently-says-mp/20007385.article#.U9jaqCgx9FI

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Totally off his head!
How did it get time in Parliament?
Haven't our politicians got better things to do?

Dear me! What next? Soothsayers? Witch doctors?

Reactions: 2 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Me and my GP were discussing this the other day while he was fixing the leeches to my undercarriage, but before we were chanting and exorcising the diabetes demons, apparently if the sun is in Uranus you will need to sacrifice a virgin duck on the first moon of the summer solstice. Who knew?

Reactions: 17 people
C

catherinecherub

Totally off his head!
How did it get time in Parliament?
Haven't our politicians got better things to do?

Dear me! What next? Soothsayers? Witch doctors?

I think the fact that he is paid a salary by the tax payers is equally worrying.

Reactions: 2 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not only is he an MP but is actually a member of the health committee and the science and technology committee.
https://twitter.com/TredinnickMP (NB spoof, )

Come to think of it though, it would save the NHS a lot of money if insulin was issued in homeopathic dilutions. One vial of insulin would do for all the people with diabetes in the UK with plenty left over for the rest of the world!
(a 12C homeopathic solution is equivalent to a "pinch of salt in both the North and South Atlantic Oceans)

Reactions: 6 people

equipoise

I assume he will only be using astrologers himself from now on, then, to set us all a proper example. I hear they are a dab hand at prostate cancer.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It's just the Placebo effect dressed up as Astrology....... if I've read it right.

The power of the mind is a marvellous thing but sometimes it's just not enough, who and what decides when they would use Astrology as a treatment method is rather worrying (if it ever see's the light of day).

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. We are all going to die ...........................is he on the NICE committee?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Pulse spoke to Mr Tredinnick in light of comments he made in the House of Commons last week that he hoped Government would stop ‘looking just at increasing the supply of drugs and consider the way that complementary and alternative medicine can reduce the demand for drugs, reduce pressures on the health service, increase patient satisfaction, and make everyone in this country happier’."

There is a large part of the population who would benefit from a free issue of pile cream. This would be the greatest contribution to "patient satisfaction" that I can think of.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's OK for you lot. I mean, he could be your MP.

G

graj0

An amusing piece written by Bidisha of the Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...logy-medicine-star-charts-mp-david-tredinnick

There was a time when acupuncture was considered alternative rather than complementary and that is now offered on the NHS. I have benefited greatly from regular reflexology. Homeopathy? Flower remedies? I know practitioners of both of these complementary/alternative therapies and both have run successful practices for many years, relying on repeat business more than a steady stream of new clients. I'm not sure I would try either but even if it is the placebo effect at work, it obviously is helping people out, apart from my acquaintance's bank balances. Astrology? I don't think so but I've never tried it. My mother has benefited from what is called Medical Spiritualism, something I wouldn't even consider. One other thing is Applied Kinesiology, not the same as Kinesiology which is taken very seriously in some countries. I have benefited from Applied Kinesiology and I can't say how it works, I just know that I received some benefits from the few sessions that I had.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
:wideyed: you mean im not going on a journey and about to meet a dark stranger??? :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:wideyed: you mean im not going on a journey and about to meet a dark stranger??? :grumpy:

If that's what the "£30" online tarot reading told you...

Don't forget the extra 25 quid doctors note to get yer meds on the plane....! :p

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
If that's what the "£30" online tarot reading told you...

Don't forget the extra 25 quid doctors note to get yer meds on the plane....! :p

No thats fine, im about to come into some money :D

or at least thats how i interpretted...

"Dont think of yourself as an ugly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

that means money right?

Reactions: 9 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No thats fine, im about to come into some money :D

or at least thats how i interpretted...

"Dont think of yourself as an ugly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

that means money right?

I certainly means the cups half full for someone...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The way I see it, man has noticed different star patterns in the sky at night since the dawn of time..
These patterns have been noted to manifest at certain times of the year, thus creating a calendar..
The moon also as the earths shadow passes across it. & the suns position in the sky by day..
Anything else in the sky out of the ordinary like a comet or meteor was considered as an "omen"..
Granted, certain meteorites have caused environmental disaster in the past, along with earthquakes, volcanos & tsunamis...

There have been buildings erected all over the world to mark these movements in the sky which have also been used for ceremonial & religious purposes In the absence of science to appease "gods". Sometimes in a brutal fashion..

Even Christianity is steeped in pagan hearsay & stories of star charting.. That whole "star of Bethlehem & the 3 wise men" thing & ending with the "resurrection Christ".. Which is little more than a reinvented "sun king" story..!

Astrology is not much more than "clock watching" at best...

Reactions: 4 people