Blood Sugar Readings

redrocket

In 2012 i had a check up at work then doc gave me a blood test an reading was 79 he put me on 2 metoformin a day and 1 Sinterstatin and said im type 11 Diebetic
I cut a lot of rubish out of my diet and lost 3.5 stone and my blood surgar dropped to normal I watch what i eat now and do some walking.
Even with these results my docs kept me on the tablets i think im pre diebetic now.
Is any one else had this happen to them I look foward to you comments.

BLOODD SUGAR RESULTS

6/2/12 = 79

15/5/12 = 43

27/9/12 = 39

12/3/13 = 40

12/3/14 = 40

HBAIC RESULTS

NORMAL RANGE 19 - 42

TARGET RANGE 53 OR BELOW

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on getting those readings down, and for your weight loss. That is excellent. You have managed to get your levels down to non-diabetic levels, but will always be diabetic, so you will have to continue your good work as far as diet and exercise is concerned or you may find the levels creeping up again. As for the Metformin, if you want to come off them you need to discuss this with your doctor. The Simvastatins are for cholesterol levels, not diabetes.

Well done again!

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
In 2012 i had a check up at work then doc gave me a blood test an reading was 79 he put me on 2 metoformin a day and 1 Sinterstatin and said im type 11 Diebetic
I cut a lot of rubish out of my diet and lost 3.5 stone and my blood surgar dropped to normal I watch what i eat now and do some walking.
Even with these results my docs kept me on the tablets i think im pre diebetic now.
Is any one else had this happen to them I look foward to you comments.

BLOODD SUGAR RESULTS

6/2/12 = 79

15/5/12 = 43

27/9/12 = 39

12/3/13 = 40

12/3/14 = 40

HBAIC RESULTS

NORMAL RANGE 19 - 42

TARGET RANGE 53 OR BELOW
The work you have done has produced excellent results, but you should have been diagnosed as diabetic when your HbA1c was 79. You have done a wonderful job, but I'm sorry to tell you the condition is manageable but presently incurable.

Do you have a home blood glucose test meter? If not, I urge you to obtain one and a supply of test strips. The people here will tell you the best way to arrange that. Your meter can be used to fine-tune your way of eating to help you maintain your good control and minimise the chance of progressing to complications.

redrocket

Hi do test with a meter when i come home from work at 5 my sugar reading is around 4.3 /. 4.6 after a meanl goes up to 9 then comes back down to 6. when i test first thing in the morning its around 5. I dont have a thirst at all or go to the toilet a lot.
Thanks for the message.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would cut the carbs back to peaking <7.8 and 2 hr <6.5...see site, bloodsugar101

You would need to convert to the old % scale,But metformin reduces a1c by 1-1.5%. So you would need to add.that to your a1c and I don't think you have the room to go off them

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
Hi do test with a meter when i come home from work at 5 my sugar reading is around 4.3 /. 4.6 after a meanl goes up to 9 then comes back down to 6. when i test first thing in the morning its around 5. I dont have a thirst at all or go to the toilet a lot.
Thanks for the message.
Please consider this technique: Test, Review, Adjust

If you are not sure of your peak post-meal timing start with one hour after your last bite. Start with a goal to stay under 8; later, as you start achieving that easily, you might revise that lower.