Breakfast

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness, you've got me drooling here. Do you use fresh shrimp or can you use frozen ones?

Usually frozen, thawed by a gentle stream of cold tap water. Living in the geographical centre of Canada makes fresh seafood a little difficult to obtain. Most of the grocery stores usually have a sign saying "previously frozen".

My first ever experience with this dish was on a business trip many years ago. I caught up with a old friend, and we ordered this in a Chinese restaurant

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually frozen, thawed by a gentle stream of cold tap water. Living in the geographical centre of Canada makes fresh seafood a little difficult to obtain. Most of the grocery stores usually have a sign saying "previously frozen".

Thank you so much. I am going to try this one Sunday after a payday.

I am in the USA and we also have signs with some of our seafood that say the same thing.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Let me know what you think after trying it. I usually mince one small clove of garlic and add to the shrimp when frying. I find a dash of salt and some black pepper right near the end when everything is back in the pan is all I need. I believe when I had it in the Chinese restaurant they added some 5 spice.

Going to try it one day with some fresh chives.

< sharon>

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
extreme hot weather
This morning ii had greek style yogurt with sliced strawberries ( about 4 strawberries) and a handful of salted peanuts , a quick and easy breakfast. washed down with a coffee , made with coffee, skimmed milk and sweetener .

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm eating breakfast right now (7:15am in the USA) and having 1 egg & 1 cup Egg Beaters, 1/4 polish kielbasa, 1/2 biscuit w/butter & SF jam, 1/2 cup cantaloupe, 1/2 cup watermelon, and coffee w/splenda and half-and-half.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Omelet. Packed with bacon, pork sausage ( local butch no fillers), onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and cheese. Topped off with Sriracha hot chilli sauce.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in hot spicy food tollarance? I'm a person that normally liked a lot of heat, but lately I've noticed I can handle and want a lot more! Normally I add 1 or two dried hot peppers to a dish, then discard, not eating as it cause issues (the seeds) in my bowls later that evening. Now I seem to crave more heat, and I double the peppers and can even eat them. The hot sauce I'm having with my omelet, seems weak....I can pretty much drink Tabasco sauce straight theses days