Just When You Thought It Was Safe ....

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heh !

I haven't been on the fora for ages, but I'm still around ! There is a sudden and severe illness in the family, and others need a lot of support too, so I've been run ragged of late with no time to kick back, relax, and bother you lot on here ;)

I'm missing you all, and hope to be back on a regular basis soon, spreading mischief :D

Oh and diabetes ...it's gone to hell in a handbasket of late, I think there was a thread about dire high carb vending machines in hospitals ? It was all true :eek: So it's been a vicious circle of running around like a blue assed fly, hypo, vend, hyper, rage bolus ,hypo vend, hyper grrrrrr :banghead:

But this too shall pass, and I will be back . Be afraid, be very afraid ...;)

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I've been missing you and that cat. I've just fed hubby all the things I shouldn't have bought so now I can start low carbing again tomorrow. ....well that's the plan anyway

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've been missing you and that cat. I've just fed hubby all the things I shouldn't have bought so now I can start low carbing again tomorrow. ....well that's the plan anyway

Hey Zand !:D
How ya doing ? :) I've missed you too ! Well done you for force feeding hubby all the tempting goodies and getting back on the wagon ! I have to say that as well as the BG's going all over the place due to the stuffing of the face with horrible carbs, it actually makes me feel like **** too:hungover: So much for the forbidden food fantasies, the reality just isn't what the memory conjured up :eek:
Hang in there !

Signy

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol, yeh you're right, but still I kept eating them........

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't we all, evil bloody things that sing a siren song to flounder on the rocks

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes:
Nice to see you around. Get back on the wagon. Lol,
And start again.x

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, we had a nasty false alarm last night when the hospice rang around 9, and said the end was imminent (Jean has been very very poorly, but lucid up 'till now ) So the family all went along to say their good byes including her husband, Colin, who is 87 :( He was so upset he had to be taken home fairly rapidly while the rest of us sat with her. She rallied around 2 am, and up to now is stable.

I'm absolutely dreading another false alarm as I don't think Colin can take it, the poor bloke just sat in his chair downstairs last night, waiting for us to come home and tell him she had passed. :(:( They have been married 62 years now :(

So it continues, and we are all pretty much wrecked now .

Signy

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
That situation is awful to be in, really tough on all involved :( Look after yourself as best you can under the circumstance x

Hopefully once you are able to get back to low carbing, you will find it easy to slip back into the routine, especially after realising how rubbish all the high carb food makes you feel.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, @purplekat :) Yes, it's been pretty grim for all of us for many reasons.

One thing about being forced off the low carbing by necessity is that it has proven without a doubt that I feel 100% better when on LCHF. And the difference it makes to my BG levels is astounding. I've been better the last few days as I managed to go shopping and stock up on low carb snacky stuff to carry around with me, so finally the BG's are levelling out. Another thing was I actually put on weight despite running around for 16 hours out of 24 ! :eek: That's what a so called "normal" diet can do :rolleyes:

Signy

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
@Signy,
Dealing with non LC food at stressful times does seem to be a bit of a "melon twister" had it all with my mum's final days in hospital!
On a lighter note, has your cat been giving my puppy paper folding lessons?:woot:

Reactions: 5 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all for your comments :)

Jean died at 6.50 this morning, but it was a blessing as she had an agressive form of cancer, and was only diagnosed 5 weeks ago. She is finally at peace.

Signy