Painless Lancing Device

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Bernstein was recommending this on his latest webinar saying he's been wanting such a device for parents so they can painlessly test their children during the night. Not sure if it's available outside the US yet though. It's called the "Genteel" lancing device and takes most square shaped lancets. Here's a review by a diabetes blogger:
http://www.diabetesmine.com/2014/03/the-genteel-poker-a-next-gen-of-pain-free-lancing-device.html

The other worrying development he discussed was that the American Diabetes Association are increasing the recommended A1c level of children to a level where brain damage from high BG levels is known to occur :confused:

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That reminds me as a kid if you gently hit the back of your hand with a comb and swung your arm in a vertical circle motion. The centrifical force caused a bleed

jennyw1976

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dr Bernstein was recommending this on his latest webinar saying he's been wanting such a device for parents so they can painlessly test their children during the night. Not sure if it's available outside the US yet though. It's called the "Genteel" lancing device and takes most square shaped lancets.

The other worrying development he discussed was that the American Diabetes Association are increasing the recommended A1c level of children to a level where brain damage from high BG levels is known to occur :confused:

I'm in London and I got mine a month back. I love it. Slightly bigger than normal, but in my opinion worth the pain-free aspect and also no squeezing. I prefer that as I've noticed mild soreness on my fingertips from squeezing too much. Like a flat tyre. xo

Reactions: 4 people