Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@ WhitbyJet Have you thought about putting all your recipes in to book form I for would buy it

Reactions: 2 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I love gadgets and bought a strainer for making yoghurt cheese and it works wonderfully and the taste of the creamy cheese is bland but is nice. Have to leave it in the fridge to thicken once strained but not a problem.Instructions say it will last 5/7 days...will have to see, going to have some with smoked salmon tonight.

So I made some cream cheese pancakes, not sure where I got the recipie but next time I am going to leave the sweetener out.
2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 packet stevia or any sweetener, - I only had agave nectar used 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

Place all ingredients in a blender, (I only have a hand whisk- but worked) Blend until smooth, let it rest for 2 mins to allow the bubbles to settle - I left it in the fridge for 30 mins. Pour 1/4 batter into a hot frying pan, greased with butter or spray oil. Cook for 2 mins or until golden, turn and cook the other side until golden.
Recipie says approx 344 calories , 29g fat. 2.5g net carbs and 17g protein per batch of 4 pancakes. ( this is using the specified sweeteners )

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mary's Carrot Cake a la LCHF

Mary's Carrot Cake a la LCHF
This is a super tasty and delicious carrot cake. Divide the cake into ten slices at only 5 carbs each.

3 Eggs
3dl Almond Flour
1dl Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger
Vanilla essence/extract
2 tsp baking powder
2.5 dl finely grated Carrots
50g melted butter
sweetener - taste the mixture

Melt the butter, combine remaining ingredients and mix well, whisk in the melted butter.Baseline and grease a springform tin, pour the cake batter into the tin and bake on lower shelf in the oven at 175 degrees for 40 - 50 mins or until the cake is done (depends on oven and tin used)

Remove cake and cool, meanwhile prepare the frosting:

200g Cream cheese
50g unsalted butter
sweetener - taste the mixture
few drops of lime or lemon juice
Beat together cream cheese, butter and sweetener, add lime/lemon juice until you have the desired texture.
Spread on to the cooled cake.

This cake freezes really well, best left to defrost in the fridge overnight.

http://metrobloggen.se/millasmat/maries ... a_ala_lchf

Forgot to say, if your tin is not leakproof its best to fully line it with greaseproof paper, then grease it before pouring in the batter.

EDITED: to adjust cooking time
Can anyone tell me what the dl means I've never come across this before

D

Deleted member 83869

Anyone got an easy recipe for a low carb carrot cake? I have googled it and found one but was wondering if anyone has there own! And I love carrot cake! x

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Anyone got an easy recipe for a low carb carrot cake? I have googled it and found one but was wondering if anyone has there own! And I love carrot cake! x
There is a recipe in the post directly before your post. Malcolm has the recipe in his quote.

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cucumber subs with turkey, green onions and Laughing Cow cheese! Yum!! All the goodness without all that bread!
Cucumber subs.jpg

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
GRILLED CABBAGE

1 head cabbage
4 teaspoons butter
4 slices bacon...

Spice mix
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1 Cut cabbage into four wedges.
2 Place each wedge on a piece of doubled heavy-duty aluminum foil.
3 Spread cut sides with butter.
4 Mix spices together in a small container and sprinkle all of the mixture equally over each wedge.
5 Wrap bacon around each wedge.
6 Fold foil around cabbage, sealing each wedge tightly.
7 Grill cabbage, covered, over medium heat for 40 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, turning twice
Grilled Cabbage.jpg

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Fried Cabbage

Ingredients:
1 lb bacon, finely chopped
1 medium onion, chopped...
2 lbs cabbage, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
1.Fry bacon until crisp and well browned.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. Add chopped onion to the bacon grease and stir until translucent.
4. Add cabbage, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, stirring until all cabbage is coated.
5. Add the crumbled bacon bits and cover.
6. Cook over low heat until cabbage is tender
Fried Cabbage.jpg

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Roast Cabbage.jpg

Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks Serves: 4
Ingredients 1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1" thick slices
1.5 tablespoons olive oil,...
2 to 3 large smashed garlic cloves,
salt
freshly ground black pepper
olive oil spray OR non-stick cooking spray.
Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage, cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1" thick slices. 2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic. 3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices. 4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. 5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minues. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.
Roast Cabbage.jpg

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey...
1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation: In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Cabbage rolls.jpg

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just bought a nice book called “Cut the Carbs” by Tori Haschka at Costco but I’m sure you’ll be able to find it elsewhere, not tried anything out of it yet only got it today but it looks very good

Reactions: 7 people