My Atkins Life

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not feeling positive. Feel annoyed at myself for losing control and eating bloody pizza.

That's it. No more!!

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Climb back on Debs, that's positive!

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks!

I had a third egg for brekkie to make sure I wouldn't be hungry before at least 1pm!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like eggs either, but over the years I've persuaded myself to eat the occasional omelette, however most of my eggs I now eat well hidden in muffins, cheesecake, and (crustless) quiche/flans.

I used to hate sloppy/slimy food as a child, and soft boiled eggs were pretty high on my list.:eek:

Robbity

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like eggs either, but over the years I've persuaded myself to eat the occasional omelette, however most of my eggs I now eat well hidden in muffins, cheesecake, and (crustless) quiche/flans.

I used to hate sloppy/slimy food as a child, and soft boiled eggs were pretty high on my list.:eek:

Robbity
yes me too. It is the texture I hate most. I suppose I could try a well-cooked omelette again......maybe with lots of cheese. I had a banana one 28 years ago when I was pregnant. That was lovely.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Off topic, but is it normal to lose appetite on the low carb/modified Atkins diet? What are your experiences? Ive just been doing it recently...I don't feel really hungry anymore and most of the time rarely do I get to finish my meal or I'd feel sick if i get too full, sometimes Want to miss a meal even...thanks! Hope I can get feedback from those who have done it longer :) thanks!

It's your body's natural stop mechanism kicking in. When you're full, it used to take your brain a little while before it said stop. Now it's kicking in immediately. Also you need less fat to feel full so you eat less. I find that a handful of nuts or a piece of cheese is often all I want!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've really blown it today! Didn't even really want it but found myself teaching for the Oreos and two cupcakes for the birthday party tomorrow...stupid and I regret it now but at least I won't eat loads tomorrow.

Carbs are the new sleeping pill! I could collapse into a deep sleep right now...

Here's tomorrow's temptation...

View attachment 5957

Wow! My daughter would have loved this cake! Totally awesome! I bow down to you!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks scandi! It was a bit lopsided - as I was covering it, the heat melted the cream inside so it all leaned!!! I was very annoyed but no one noticed.

I can't help but think that party and cake was the start of my rebellion!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@adelle I was the same. It's a strange feeling not to feel hungry all the time huh?! Xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks scandi! It was a bit lopsided - as I was covering it, the heat melted the cream inside so it all leaned!!! I was very annoyed but no one noticed.

I can't help but think that party and cake was the start of my rebellion!

Just read thread! I looked after a friends son last week and by the end of the week am pretty glad I haven't got him next week! He clashes with my youngest and they spent more and more time arguing. Sweet kid but ready to throttle the pair of them by the end of the week!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Play dates used to work really well at keeping my kids amused but now it's a peace keeping mission!! Good exercise I suppose but no good for the stress BG levels!

My girls have been at summer club a few times and loved it. They're moody and tired when they get home but it's nice to get some space to work.

House is a wreck still though!!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's finally here - my MRI scan is this morning. I hope they'll tell me what they see but won't hold my breath.

I'm looking forward to just me myself and I in a long dark tunnel!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's finally here - my MRI scan is this morning. I hope they'll tell me what they see but won't hold my breath.

I'm looking forward to just me myself and I in a long dark tunnel!

Hope it goes well! Thinking of you!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good luck with it. I had one years ago for unexplained headaches. They'd more or less gone by time appointment came but after 40 mins in machine I had one good cause of headaches sorted- being stuck in scanner listening to hammering.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Felt hungry as hubbie didn't have enough eggs for brekkie but didn't up sausage. Wanted Mars bar cake. Didn't do it! Ate piece of cheese. Pleased with self! Feel better. Feel like I could demolish side of house. Can't go out and walk as tipping it down! Going for shower and pamper instead! Thinking about trying again with fake tan. Have threatened hubbie with knee capping if he keeps playing tiger feet or even worse singing it! Last time went streaky! And orange!

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
grey here and rain imminent. Going to pack a packed lunch and just go out anywhere. But first 20 mins on the bike.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so proud of you scandi!! Send some of that control my way please! I wasn't really bad but went to a BBQ so had more carb than I should've but not the really bad stuff. Feeling semi-pleased with myself.

MRI was fine - I find it quite relaxing and nearly fell asleep! Could barely get off the table after though as I'd stiffened up so much!!

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm so proud of you scandi!! Send some of that control my way please! I wasn't really bad but went to a BBQ so had more carb than I should've but not the really bad stuff. Feeling semi-pleased with myself.

MRI was fine - I find it quite relaxing and nearly fell asleep! Could barely get off the table after though as I'd stiffened up so much!!

Hi scandi and deb!:) yes I'm nearly two months now into the low carb and getting used to it --no carb cravings like I used to have and not feeling hungry as much!

Glad the MRI is done,:) @Debmcgee It's terrifying at first but once you're inside the tunnel it's not too bad they give you headphones to listen to music :) I had one for my back and due for one soon (Tuesday) for my eyes (increased pressure) and cranial/head to rule out brain involvement :) I wish us both luck for the results! Xx

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks adelle. I quite like an MRI scan - it's time to meditate! Can't wait for results so I can have a plan regarding pain management. It's been really bad for six months now and it's depressing at times but i try to get on with life regardless. It's frustrating as my girls don't understand and the thought of another back op terrifies me - not the actual op but the aftermath and having to look after all of us on my own. I don't see how I'll manage really but not thinking about it til I have to.

Good luck with your scan too! Xxx