Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast 1 weetabix
Lunch steak, salad and mushrooms (ate out due to the "evacuation incident" at the supermarket!) This would normally have been dinner!
Dinner scratchings cheddar strawberries and cream

suehatton

Breakfast 1 weetabix
Lunch steak, salad and mushrooms (ate out due to the "evacuation incident" at the supermarket!) This would normally have been dinner!
Dinner scratchings cheddar strawberries and cream
We had an incident too that led to takeaway. But I resisted all carbs and had donner meat and salad AND I left at least half of it. AND I stuck to 1600 cals. My halo polish will need replacing soon. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Bf 2 egg omelette
Lunch one of those restaurants with a hot plate on the table and order little plates of meat etc
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1406817995.321740.jpg
also had 2 plates of kimchi

Dinner cheesy cabbage
2 sq 99% choc

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello wierd science. how do you do your cheesy cabbage please? :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You know the water issue.....as in drink a lot if it.......is it ok to put some unsweetened juice in. It makes me baulk otherwise.

Weeeelllll... Really it depends whether fruit juice spikes your BG.
It would mine. But other people get away with it. I should try it and see.

The things I drink are approx (and highly variable)

Water
Soda streamed or sparkly water
Tea (have to be careful of the milk carbs)
Herb teas (simply can't face the high-stress competitive rat race of the milk buying rota at work)
Bovril & Chicken Bovril (rediscovered delights from my childhood)
Sambucol effervescent zinc and vit c tabs in water (1g carb per tab. Approx)
Natural fruit flavours, sugar free and artificial free, a couple of drops per litre (Aromhuset, from Amazon)

I don't count coffee because apparently it has a diuretic effect. But I do drink a largeish cup a day, with cream.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 people

suehatton

Weeeelllll... Really it depends whether fruit juice spikes your BG.
It would mine. But other people get away with it. I should try it and see.

The things I drink are approx (and highly variable)

Water
Soda streamed or sparkly water
Tea (have to be careful of the milk carbs)
Herb teas (simply can't face the high-stress competitive rat race of the milk buying rota at work)
Bovril & Chicken Bovril (rediscovered delights from my childhood)
Sambucol effervescent zinc and vit c tabs in water (1g carb per tab. Approx)
Natural fruit flavours, sugar free and artificial free, a couple of drops per litre (Aromhuset, from Amazon)

I don't count coffee because apparently it has a diuretic effect. But I do drink a largeish cup a day, with cream.

Hope that helps.
Ive cut down the coffee from about 10 cups a day to around 2 or 3. Having black tea, caffeine free diet coke and some Robinsons no added sugar apple and blackcurrant in water. Very little just plain water although the benefits are well documented I know. Will try harder

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled eggs and bacon
Lunch tuna and cottage cheese salad
Dinner Roast chicken , salad, dollop coleslaw

all trusted meals but my BS running a notch higher than usual after them. Blaming the stress of pain in my shoulder and in my derriere( otherwise known as Mr Ethyl)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello wierd science. how do you do your cheesy cabbage please? :)
@Mo
There is a better recipe earlier on in the threads, for me I just usually use half a cabbage shredded, in a big pan, some water - not much enough to let cabbage sweat off, then add a big knob of butter, salt and pepper and then a big helping of grated cheese (whatever sort I have in) let it melt / combine and serve.
I'm sure original used Parmesan cheese and cream, should also add some bacon bits in but always forget to do it.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@mo53

If you go to the low carb recipe thread (it runs to pages), then somewhere about page 3? 4? 5? Is a fantastic recipe for creamy (or cheesy) cabbage.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks to you both. It does sound yummy.:)

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Modesty - I would be curious to know what percentage of your daily calories are consumed in your coffees? I'm always surprised by how little "food" you actually consume. I do appreciate your total calories may not be incredibly low.
I'm using a Swedish tool called kostbevakning that calculates grams of protein, fat and carbs and also energy percentage as well as total calories, while this is really of no interest I note it. So I'm aiming at less then 10 grams of carbs per day and 3 E% ( more about energy percentage her - http://www.time-to-run.com/nutrition/calculate-energy.htm)
And yesterday my numbers were; 54 g protein (12 E%), 183 g fat (86 E%), 8g carbs (2 E%) and total calories 1874 (above BMR, basal metabolic rate, calculated on weight, height, age and gender, so not starving).
I guess app 800 cals from my fatty coffee in the morning and afternoon.
Also note that I'm in continuous nutritional ketosis.

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Not much time for cooking today.

Breakfast: cheddar and spring onion omelette

Lunch: quorn peppered steak and a bit of Brie

Snack: creamy decaf

Dinner: scrambled eggs with quorn chorizo, mushrooms and spring onions. Blueberries and banana cream! :hungry:

My girl picked me up a couple of food flavourings today from Lakeland. Banana and buttery caramel. They smell amazing. The banana cream is just whisked double cream with a few drops of banana flavouring and a pinch of truvia. It tastes like bananas! Remember them? :woot:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Have you been growing spring onions too?
Not this year. Just the usual suspects - courgettes, tomatoes, aubergines, cucumber, herbs. Slim pickings I'm afraid. The apples trees are doing well. My pension plan was to grow lots of apples and live off pies and cider in my old age. I might need a plan B :facepalm:

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: crustless quiche and a 97% sausage

Snack: half a macdonalds latte

Lunch: scratchings

Evening: 2 tescos finest burgers, half an innocent veg pot, berries and lots of cream

Snack: Edam poppadom

Carbs beautifully spread out today. Felt great despite a very tiring, stressful and unpleasant day at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.