Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Bluetit!! Yes, I thought the same regarding the time period!! My cholesterol wasn't done at diagnosis, it was only the DN who tested when i saw her for the first time last tuesday, nurse practitioner never mentioned it- I was expecting to be told it was high due to lchf.........but I'm obviously doing that right!

Did you ask for the cholesterol breakdown? You could do with this to compare on your next test - especially the triglycerides.

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you ask for the cholesterol breakdown? You could do with this to compare on your next test - especially the triglycerides.
No I didn't- I did ask her to write down my other results though as I wanted to be able to keep them correct. She doesn't want to see me till October now, unless I have a problem

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I didn't- I did ask her to write down my other results though as I wanted to be able to keep them correct. She doesn't want to see me till October now, unless I have a problem

Ring up the receptionist and ask her to read out the breakdown. The component parts of the total cholesterol are the most important bits. On its own, the total doesn't mean much because it is a total of the good, the bad, and the indifferent. Its the ratios between them that matter, plus the trigs.

Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning.

I was 4.7 2 hours after tea and an 1 1/2 hour walk. Then I had a square of 74% chocolate and a mug of tea and after 2 hours was 5.3. This was when I went to bed.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 - Went to bed on 5.8 . Awake half the night with my frozen shoulder. It's a pity it doesn't understand that frozen should mean doesn't feel pain.

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.6. *sigh*
Don't worry Diana, you'll get there - we all suffer from BGs biting you on the bum just when you think things are improving.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.5 after odd day yesterday. No breakfast because of early start travelling to London, had pastrami and salad from a deli takeaway for lunch, met up with son for dinner after 30 minute walk with 10 kg backpack, tested at 5.0. Had hake with pak choi and veg sushi including a spoonful of rice, shared a bottle of Zinfandel and at + 2.5 I was 5.1!

Memo to self - don't start using red wine as a liver glucose production management device (even though it seems to work!).

whiskymark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 last night before bed. 6.8 this morning when I woke up. Just tested again, 2 hours after breakfast, and it's 6.8 again.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this thread is for fasting results, but just had to tell you I've had my lowest ever before lunch reading at 4.8!!!! I've had lots of 4's before evening meal but never in the morning. I have been quietly working on this for a long time. I began with an average of 6.2 in April, 5.7 in June, and now hopefully I can reduce this even more. Fingers crossed it isn't a one off. :D

Reactions: 11 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yay, well done! I haven't broken into the 4s on any consistent basis yet.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well done.I had a lot of fours post lunch and pre evening meal several weeks back but since warmer weather I've mainly hovered in mid to high 5s. I find that post-meals are usually less of a spike if I am in 5s than the 4s though still under 6.3 mostly.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is always around 7/8 and lower during day. I wish I could sort it out cause it drives me nuts.

What are you at bedtime? What do you call "lower during the day"? Maybe we can give you some suggestions.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2 for me - but even better finally got hba1c back yeay :) its dropped to 64 so dropped 100 wotsits in 11 weeks. and can carry on with victoza as well. And that was the maximum sugar readings my hospital would allow to have my gynae op.

cholesterol is 6.4 is that bad?, Dr said they aim for 4. so need to decide on statins. thyroid is 3.9 so just under the 4. I'm on max dose anyway 175mcg so not sure if it can go higher prescription wise.

After having my hands and arms electrocuted this morning (nerve conduction test) if i need an op for that i should be allowed that to.

so happy bunny.

I'll still never get to a finger prick test of 4 though.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me again, so bang in the middle of my personal range.

Reactions: 6 people

Liz55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't seem to get below 8. But last few days even though I've eaten something I've eaten before at night, it's gone up to mid 10, and in the morning is still the same, and after eating breakfast gone up to 11 and 12 post 2 hour meal test.

When I am high like this I'm unsure what eat for breakfast as I'm already high....I feel like not eating anything at all it upsets me so much.

Zaphod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
fatty food,
My fasting readings are 6.7 to 7.8 with the odd 8.sometimes. However my readings 2-3 hours after dinner have recently been around 5.5. I was hoping that this would lead to early morning readings less than 6. So is the 'dawn effect' significant?

my Hba1c has been a steady 53 for years except when my medication changed causing pancreatis giving a fasting reading of 17%
I was diagnosed type 2 in 1997.

I have just started buying my own test strips (gluco RX), not sure how I should interpret the results. My first tube the readings appear to be higher than my second tube? How much reliance can you put on the test strip readings?

20mg gliclazide 1g metformin 10mg dapgliflozin

Status
Not open for further replies.