Sporty Forty.e t

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Disgusting!!

One trend we've noticed in primary is parents getting their children an ADHD diagnosis. It means they can lay blame for bad behaviour elsewhere and they get money from the state. People don't seem to know the difference between the true condition and wilfully bad social
behaviours.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
And it really is quite obvious, the difference isn't it! I have taught students who were labelled ADHD but weren't and some who were the real deal. This kid just had **** parents! :(

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
So did my 26 minutes on bike. Really find it strange how much I am enjoying doing it now after years of avoiding all forms of exercise. I even took the longer walk into town after my CBT appointment and wasn't out of breath going up the banking like I usually am.

....I think most of us must have noticed @cold ethyl that we're not getting out of breath so much now...I'm still not one for endless flights of stairs [my name's not sanguine!] .....am on the second floor at work so I don't need the lift but it never ceases to amaze me the number of young people there who not only get the lift up but also down ......not only lazy but crazy [am a poet and don't know it]...

Enjoy your day all..:)

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning! Done my walk and am feeling virtuous! I love power walking past them all on their way to walk! There's life in the old bird yet!

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
....I think most of us must have noticed @cold ethyl that we're not getting out of breath so much now...I'm still not one for endless flights of stairs [my name's not sanguine!] .....am on the second floor at work so I don't need the lift but it never ceases to amaze me the number of young people there who not only get the lift up but also down ......not only lazy but crazy [am a poet and don't know it]...

Enjoy your day all..:)
I use mapmywalk and this last week or so my split times for a kilometre have got quicker, without any effort. I live in a town that has a great choice of steep inclines and I try to do at least one on any route I choose. I get my arms going and power up them as fast as I can. I can really feel the muscles in my buttocks (gluteus maximus??) working hard. X

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I use mapmywalk and this last week or so my split times for a kilometre have got quicker, without any effort. I live in a town that has a great choice of steep inclines and I try to do at least one on any route I choose. I get my arms going and power up them as fast as I can. I can really feel the muscles in my buttocks (gluteus maximus??) working hard. X

What are muscles?!:hilarious:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
57 minutes on bike today - one short blast then two longer ones. Hoping to do 50 a day from now on. Going to try and bank some extra time as away for couple of days next week at aged parents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Lunch time walk in the rain .
I think we should all re read the last pages of posts. ..everyone saying its getting easier , part of life etc ...success is ours , who needs the commonwealth games?

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....45 minute walk yesterday and the same today...I'm getting used to this activity and quite enjoying it, I didn't at first!

Bbbut I do want to do more....I said about getting a bike a few weeks ago but I've done nothing about it apart from having a ten minute ride on my son's one and just going to look at them in Halfords....have always been very impetuous so didn't know why I wasn't this time till I thought about it....hate to admit it but I think I'm a bit scared, silly thing to be scared about...:oops: .. I haven't really ridden on a bike since my early teens and that was getting on for forty years ago......my friend at work has just bought one, loves it and is threatening to drag me to Halfords....

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They're like scallops, very low carb.
I've never tried scallops and I always want to when I see people cooking them on master chef because they look delicious.

Oh dear, I've got my silly head on again. It must be because I'm cat sitting again at my daughter's house. Last time it was the ups and down stairs, this time I'm making stupid jokes up. Here goes ...

If a horse gallops does a sea horse scallop?

See... I knew it wasn't funny ...

Think I'd better clam up before the joke police come and demand a "six quid" on the spot fine ;-)

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....I could definitely make up worse ones peace but luckily you're all spared as I'm off to my daughter's for a couple of days....getting the hi speed train, its quicker than a bike.....;)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
If a horse gallops does a sea horse scallop?

See... I knew it wasn't funny ...

Think I'd better clam up before the joke police come and demand a "six quid" on the spot fine ;-)

Sharp as a razor there Peacetrain. Warmed the cockles at this plaice anyway. Good for the sole.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sharp as a razor there Peacetrain. Warmed the cockles at this plaice anyway. Good for the sole.
On a scale of one to ten that joke stank.
There's a plaice for such jokes.......
Anyway, I have done my morning walk this morning....:angelic:
Morning @zand bet you've been up hours!

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
only three and a half hours Scandi....I overslept today again

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha I did try to fit razor in but it was 2 am and I didn't want to make anemone of anyone.

I love Roger McGough poems and he plays with words. Anemone reminded me of his work. Off the beaten track but one of my favourites that I can remember fully is:

To amuse emus
On warm summer nights
Kiwis do weewees
From spectacular heights

:)

Reactions: 5 people