Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
You're chasing me!!

Yes, I am! Every morning I try to guess what it will be before I do it depending on how I am feeling but I have been wrong every day. It is so unpredictable! But it is now consistently low so I am pleased!

Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning:) I tested as soon as I got up then, came downstairs and made my breakfast and though I would test again to see if the DP had kicked in - it had gone down to 4.3!!

The only thing I did differently last night was not to have a mug of tea before bed. 2 hours after tea I was 5.0, I had 1 square of chocolate and 2 hours after that was still 5.0. That was when i went to bed. So it looks like the tea might have to go - a glass of water just isn't the same!

Reactions: 6 people

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
4.7 for me. But I ate dinner really late for me (9.00 pm) as I was away. So maybe this is why it is a bit higher today.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning:) I tested as soon as I got up then, came downstairs and made my breakfast and though I would test again to see if the DP had kicked in - it had gone down to 4.3!!

The only thing I did differently last night was not to have a mug of tea before bed. 2 hours after tea I was 5.0, I had 1 square of chocolate and 2 hours after that was still 5.0. That was when i went to bed. So it looks like the tea might have to go - a glass of water just isn't the same!

I've had to ditch my cuppa after lunch and after evening meal, too. It does seem to make a difference. I still have to have one with breakfast though or I'd die! Plus an odd one here and there during the day, but not with a meal.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so fed up with this yo-yo rubbish.

Went to bed on 6.3
Got up on 6.1
(5.1 and 5.6 yesterday)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
God only knows this morning. Took 4 tests as the first one was way off base then next was ok and so on. I like 3 to average if I can. So take your pick from 7.2( admittedly I'd nit washed hands) then 5.9, 6.8 or 5.2 ( after much hand washing) I've averaged them to 6.3.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.0 here.

No wine last night, I wonder if ... (no no stop it bad Rod bad Rod).

Reactions: 8 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 today - had strawberries and cream late (9pm) as worked till 8.30pm but I seem ok with them as I went to bed at 11.30 on 5.6!! Highest I went yesterday was 6 when I hadn't eaten for 5 1/2 hrs due to hectic shift!!

whiskymark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 - the highest morning reading since I started testing. I had a wee beer and some bread last night. Naughty.

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't have any either. I am also now wondering ........
I have noticed my drink of choice- a nice vodka still suits me fine and I'm sure it's that that helped me keep reasonably average two weeks ago at the wedding!!

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you eat or do anything different?

I've had low 6's before, I was simply banging my head because I can't get back to consistent 5's. It's the lack of consistency that's annoying me, not the actual numbers. At the moment I just yo-yo between 5's and 6's whereas I was always in the 5's. My evening routines are always exactly the same, eat about 7pm then do very little till bedtime (non-negotiable!). No supper, no snacks, no drinks except water. Obviously meals vary, but no new meal combinations at all recently. I can't even blame the weather at the moment as it has cooled down greatly here. It's all a lottery.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had low 6's before, I was simply banging my head because I can't get back to consistent 5's. It's the lack of consistency that's annoying me, not the actual numbers. At the moment I just yo-yo between 5's and 6's whereas I was always in the 5's. My evening routines are always exactly the same, eat about 7pm then do very little till bedtime (non-negotiable!). No supper, no snacks, no drinks except water. Obviously meals vary, but no new meal combinations at all recently. I can't even blame the weather at the moment as it has cooled down greatly here. It's all a lottery.

What about exercise @Bluetit1802? Maybe increase in minutes or intensity, or add weight training (if that is allowed by your doctor)? Might bring the numbers down...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What about exercise @Bluetit1802? Maybe increase in minutes or intensity, or add weight training (if that is allowed by your doctor)? Might bring the numbers down...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thanks Adelle for the suggestion, but weight training?? Blimey, that's far too extreme for me. My exercise is brisk walking twice a day, morning and afternoon, with hubby and the dog, religiously, whatever the weather. My average for fasting is 5.5 which I am happy with. It's the lack of consistency with fasting that I don't like. It has to be the evening meal contents. I can't see what else it could be. Too much protein, too much fat ...... both possible. This will have to be worked on.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
A little alcohol is supposed to give the liver something to do and take its mind off producing glucose, but having reduced my liver function numbers I don't recommend drinking more to see what happens! That's really robbing Peter to pay Paul. Despite the hot weather I managed to get my two-week fasting average below 6 (5.9) for the first time in the second half of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.