Hello

Shell56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello, I'm new to this forum, but had T2 for 14 years.

I found the forum by having a look into Victoza and trying to work out if it changed how urine smelled. Since I've been on it for 3 years my urine has been smelling vinegary, my diabetic nurse also has noticed it when she tested a sample, but has no idea what could cause it. Other wise Victoza has been a god send for me.

I was a well maintained diabetic, until I developed another serious medical problem 5 years ago, a Vestibular Balance Disorder, that restricts my walking, cycling and exercise so my sugar levels began to spiral out of control. It was either Victoza or insulin going ahead for me, and i'm glad my doctor and the diabetic team let me use Victoza.

It was problematic as I also suffer gastroparensis, and have since the day I found out surprisingly I was diabetic instead of having gall stones. Due to a not very on the ball GP who insisted my yo-yo weight, vomiting, diarrhea and constipation that I suffered with for over a year and a half was caused by gall stones and kept sending me for pointless ultrasounds instead of looking at what else could cause it. I was eventually diagnosed after being rushed to hospital insensible and in severe abdominal pain, it was only when an A & E triage nurse did a blood test that it was worked out I had T2 diabetes, since my blood sugar was 58!
I was brought round in a ward where a nurse put an insulin syringe on the table and asked me to put it where I normally injected. Confused I replied that I wasn't diabetic and had been brought in with abdominal pain, so they then had to sit down and explain to a very confused 29 year old that I had diabetes, they brought it under control. I left hospital 4 days later with numerous gastro appointments to end up diagnosing gastroparensis. Chances are if my GP had been on the ball I may never had the damage to my gut unfortunately.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:)Hi and welcome from me too, I've been awake for ages. Sorry you have had such a bad time

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't heard the vinegar smell talked about here, so I would ask Dr for blood and urine test. If it shows nothing, its off to the urologist

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Shell and welcome to the forum :) You will find a lot of help and advice here.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Shell, welcome to the Forum, sorry that you have had such a bad time. You will find lots of help and support on here if you need it and lots of friendly people to answer any questions you may have.

Shell56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thank you all for your welcome