Help! I have so much weight to lose

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
enjoy your beef and veg. All that veg sounds delicious, that's one thing I need to improve on, more veg.

it seems coffee is OK - before 5.5, 2 hours later 4.5:)

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wish that was my tea. Having a can't be fussed to cook day here so I'll be looking like a lettuce soon.
Just take it one day at a time and it might be easier than thinking I can't do this forever. One day soon becomes two days and then a week. I do wonder if you wouldn't benefit from some support from your surgery as it seems to me that , complications aside, diabetes is not as big a problem as some of the issues you have so bravely revealed on this thread. Just a thought as if you felt less stressed by life events, you might be in a far better and easier place to tackle the dietary changes needed. I currently attend 1 hr CBT a week through my GP's surgery and it is helping me deal with current anxiety and to explore some of the issues that have contributed to me being the anxious overweight person I am. Yesterday I just sat and cried my way through the hour because I was able to tell someone how I feel invisible. Fat, over 40- call me shallow but I hate the way that men just see past me, or view me as one of them. It is so easy as a woman to get swept up dealing with everyone else's lives and then one day you wake up and your husband is a stranger and your kids have their own lives and you have to start all over and find a new you. In many ways I think diabetes has done me a favour as I can't put off losing this weight and regaining some quality of mental control any longer. I wish you well as I know how hard a struggle it is.

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@cold ethyl I only cooked that tea because elder son was coming round and I find it easier to do a roast than to think what else we can all eat!

Yesterday I just sat and cried my way through the hour because I was able to tell someone how I feel invisible. Fat, over 40- call me shallow but I hate the way that men just see past me, or view me as one of them. It is so easy as a woman to get swept up dealing with everyone else's lives and then one day you wake up and your husband is a stranger and your kids have their own lives and you have to start all over and find a new you. In many ways I think diabetes has done me a favour as I can't put off losing this weight and regaining some quality of mental control any longer. I wish you well as I know how hard a struggle it is.

Yep I echo these sentiments exactly.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
yep, sorry it's too personal. I don't expect losing weight to miraculously change my life though, I would just like it to help me live without taking medication

Im being more active and eating better to avoid medication :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Wish that was my tea. Having a can't be fussed to cook day here so I'll be looking like a lettuce soon.
Just take it one day at a time and it might be easier than thinking I can't do this forever. One day soon becomes two days and then a week. I do wonder if you wouldn't benefit from some support from your surgery as it seems to me that , complications aside, diabetes is not as big a problem as some of the issues you have so bravely revealed on this thread. Just a thought as if you felt less stressed by life events, you might be in a far better and easier place to tackle the dietary changes needed. I currently attend 1 hr CBT a week through my GP's surgery and it is helping me deal with current anxiety and to explore some of the issues that have contributed to me being the anxious overweight person I am. Yesterday I just sat and cried my way through the hour because I was able to tell someone how I feel invisible. Fat, over 40- call me shallow but I hate the way that men just see past me, or view me as one of them. It is so easy as a woman to get swept up dealing with everyone else's lives and then one day you wake up and your husband is a stranger and your kids have their own lives and you have to start all over and find a new you. In many ways I think diabetes has done me a favour as I can't put off losing this weight and regaining some quality of mental control any longer. I wish you well as I know how hard a struggle it is.
It never ceases to amaze me how resilient the posters on this thread are and I feel very humble when I think I just have diabetes and my weight to deal with compared to some very awesome people on this forum.

Reactions: 7 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
@semiphonic thanks for that......I probably won't get around to trying the recipe for just over a week, 'cos I've got heaps to do and then I'm away for a few days. Now that you've gone to the trouble of telling me it, I will definitely try it. Thank you for being so kind and supportive. There's absolutely no reason why I couldn't find the time to prepare good food for myself. I don't work and yes I could cook in bulk and freeze stuff.......... but I don't. I don't really mind cooking either, but other stuff gets in the way and I'm not a tidy worker, so I don't like the mess I make when I'm cooking. I don't like the mess I make when I'm doing anything.

My pleasure :)

I'm not a tidy worker either, I'm a typical bloke, I use every pot and pan in the kitchen and I seem to get flour everywhere even when I'm not using any..........

Reactions: 3 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It never ceases to amaze me how resilient the posters on this thread are and I feel very humble when I think I just have diabetes and my weight to deal with compared to some very awesome people on this forum.

Well said Scandi. Reading about all the battles helps to keep things in perspective.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I am type 2 borderline - no meds and diet control only. I found out in Feb 2014 and was gutted, From then on I started cutting out foods high in carbs, pasta and bread. 6 months on my bloods had come down but not really my weight . Only 10 weeks ago I heard of [product name] a diet and lifestyle change. It is amazing. I have lost 2 st 4lb in 9 weeks with no starvation. But based round a morning shake and lunch time ( with blended fruit if you wish ) so its like a smoothie. And clean food eating. I don't feel hungry and I am still eating yummy and taste food in the evening . loads of energy . there are many type 1 and using it and I ve seen people writing that they are even off medication which is great .
Worth a thought.

Are you selling it , sorry if I m wrong but it reads like a sales pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies not a sales pitch. I am diabetic type 2 don't want to be in meds. After trying different diets has not worked. I have tried something " else" and have lost 2 st 4 lb in 9 weeks. Through education and willpower. Was just trying to let others know of alternatives .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies not a sales pitch. I am diabetic type 2 don't want to be in meds. After trying different diets has not worked. I have tried something " else" and have lost 2 st 4 lb in 9 weeks. Through education and willpower. Was just trying to let others know of alternatives .
Ok, but your post on another thread does offer to direct people to your website and forums. Also that you are a distributor. All points to being a sales pitch. Not allowed or appreciated on here.

So, to answer @Jamrox , yes, you are selling the stuff.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=photoshopping ugly to pretty&sm=1
This made me think , are we brainwashed . She is lovely to start with.
Of course we are.
I hate those magazines and other media tat that promotes the myth of the perfect body, shape, size, style etc etc
Who decided that the perfect female body had to be stick thin, with silicone implants, tanned skin, straight hair, bleached tombstone teeth etc was something to aspire to? How shallow!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Of course we are.
I hate those magazines and other media tat that promotes the myth of the perfect body, shape, size, style etc etc
Who decided that the perfect female body had to be stick thin, with silicone implants, tanned skin, straight hair, bleached tombstone teeth etc was something to aspire to? How shallow!

Here here , couldn't agree more. Marilyn Munro wasn't a stick. I think the diet industry is to blame.