Hello!!!

HPL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all! I am a type 1 since 33years. I'm in the process of changing from injections to a pump and am looking for some help from any pump users out there. I've read lots of stuff but still don't know which one is best. Any suggestions??

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

Hi HPL and welcome to the forum.

I will bump your post up so that pump users can reply.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi HPL and welcome to the forum:) I have moved your thread to the Insulin Pump Forum where you should get more replies.

anniehi41

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Pump

Hello HPL,

I have had my pump for two months now after two years on injections after having a Pancreatectomy. My diabetes is brittle and hard to control. I chose an Animas Vibe because it has the Continuous Glucose Monitor capability, although you usually have to fund the CGM element yourself if you want it. It's very rare for the NHS to fund the CGM. It's the only pump I've had so can't compare, but just the fact that you can give injections from the pump is great. I'm still testing my basals and I think it will take quite a while to get these right. Changing the infusion sets was a bit of a challenge for me but I have stuck with it and it takes about ten minutes or so now. I didn't have diabetes before I had my operation and knew very little about it, you have a great advantage of having 33 years of experience in managing your diabetes.
All the best. Annie.

D

Deleted member 83869

Hello all! I am a type 1 since 33years. I'm in the process of changing from injections to a pump and am looking for some help from any pump users out there. I've read lots of stuff but still don't know which one is best. Any suggestions??
Hello!!

I have been on my pump for nearly a year now...and well I absolutely love it (maybe a slight exaggeration but heyho) Since being on the pump my hba1c has gone from 91 to 77....the lowest it has ever been since I was diagnosed 7 years ago!! I have the accu-chek aviva combo spirit! Brilliant little thing, like annie said about changing sets being a challenge...she's right it takes some getting used to at first as it is all new but now it takes me 5 minutes tops to change it every 2-3 days so much better than injecting 4 times a day or more! I can't think of any problems I have had with my pump!
Basal rate testing...well you pretty much have to do that alot as your requirements do change but only every once in a while test or if you have a batch of highs then test, overall it is great and discrete!!

Good luck!!

HPL

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys for your advice and experiences. After lots of researching and reading and talking to others, I am planning to opt for the omnipod. This pump doesn't have any tubing and self canulates with press of a button, both of which appeals to me over the other pumps. I have yet to go through the application procedure which I don't know how long it takes but will keep you posted of my progress. Thanks guys, it's nice to be able to talk to people who really understand!

Hina