Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Adelle for the suggestion, but weight training?? Blimey, that's far too extreme for me. My exercise is brisk walking twice a day, morning and afternoon, with hubby and the dog, religiously, whatever the weather. My average for fasting is 5.5 which I am happy with. It's the lack of consistency with fasting that I don't like. It has to be the evening meal contents. I can't see what else it could be. Too much protein, too much fat ...... both possible. This will have to be worked on.
Sorry @Bluetit1802 That was why I put a question mark after "weight training"? Cos I wasn't so sure if you did it or not or if you were allowed to....Yes May be the evening meal...:) hope we get to figure it out soon!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 here.

No wine last night, I wonder if ... (no no stop it bad Rod bad Rod).
Do you fish a lot rod?

If you had a monk it could produce wine for you.

Sorry but I'm in a giddy (kipper) mood. I think I'm suffering from the prawn phenomenon .

You'll be pleased to know I'm going. It's my dad's birthday. In fact he's to blame for all this ... A lifetime Terrible jokes I've had to endure. And I never drink! I'd be lethal!

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning, so mid/higher range for me. I'm quite content with that though. Last night was my las night here in Paradise, for a while, before coming back to the UK tomorrow. We ate with friends who wanted to christen their new BBQ. It's like Houston Mission Control!! Anyway, I cut myself a little slack and enjoyed a small frozen mango daquiri, which is a local speciality - especially as we are deep into the local mango season. It was so, so delicious, but only half for me, then after a few sips, I topped up with club soda. This was followed by a Flintstone's sized steak with salad and a few dauphinoise potatoes. I passed on the home made rum and raisin ice cream. I didn't really want it, and I was full up.

I started at 3.9 but didn't test after, as it was fast asleep by then. It was a lovely final evening, watching the sun set out over the ocean to Montserat.

So, tonight I have the red-eye back to Blighty and the next chapter begins. Bearing in mind it was over 30c at 10pm last night, I think I'll find it cool, no matter how the weather is on landing at stupid o'clock tomorrow.

How much dust do you think there will be after 5 months, at home? If it's bad, I think I'll invest in some Milly Maid time!! Life's too short to concentrate on dusty skirting board. Or so my dearly departed Mum used to counsel me. :)

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We're in Leicestershire.
I lived in Leicester for a while in 1977. My new husband was studying to be an architect there at the then polytechnic. We only stayed a year before transferring to Hull. Happy days.

Funnily enough my daughter and her husband have taken their 2 children down there for a couple of nights. They booked the 4 star Marriott hotel and have tickets for the theme park, the space centre and twycross zoo. £175!! With full cooked breakfast and there's a pool too!

Reactions: 2 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.4 this morning, not immediately out of bed.

But I think that may have been the 4 double vodkas yesterday early evening with my Russian friends.
I know it's naughty , but hope that once in a while not damage will be done?

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.4 this morning, not immediately out of bed.

But I think that may have been the 4 double vodkas yesterday early evening with my Russian friends.
I know it's naughty , but hope that once in a while not damage will be done?

I still have a couple of vodkas now and then John and find it doesn't affect my levels - lowers them if anything!! Is 4.4 lower or higher for you?

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.6, bit of a relief after being 7.0 at 2 hours after dinner (too many berries!). Didn't do a bedtime reading.

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 for me this morning but it's been a funny old week for me I have the mother of all head colds with a nose like a dripping tap, on the other hand I had my lowest ever reading of 3.8 before lunch on Thursday.

Reactions: 4 people

whiskymark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 this morning. Oops. Did some weights and tested before and after lunch. 5.8 before. 5.4 an hour after and feeling slightly (false) hypo. I seem to be rubbish in the morning but fine the rest of the day. And I obviously need to work out how to sort the fasting BG and need to maybe have a wee bit more carbs after exercise until my blood glucose settles down a bit into these lower levels. I think...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mark, did you test before you went to bed, and also 2 hours after your evening meal? Your evening meal may have been the culprit for your morning reading, or something you ate/drank between then and bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.