Type 2 Why oh why???

K

koukla

AndBreathe (that name always brings instant relaxation) :) The rise was just that one last night before bed, this morning was 5.9 but I've been ridiculously tired for 2, maybe 3 weeks now, to a degree that it's having an impact on the tidiness of my home, which doesn't sit well with me. I see the Consultant on September 30th.

K

koukla

Andy12345 I've had it suggested to me here earlier and I'm going to ask him about that when I see him. It may well be wrong but also may be correct as I have other autoimmune conditions too. All I can do in the meantime is stick to being sensible about my dirt which I've done from day one. I admit I'm not exactly enjoying life right now. I don't think I've moved my car off the drive for 10 days.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@koukla did you say on another thread that you have a thyroid problem? Could that, rather than your D, cause tiredness? (Sorry if it was someone else.)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
AndBreathe (that name always brings instant relaxation) :) The rise was just that one last night before bed, this morning was 5.9 but I've been ridiculously tired for 2, maybe 3 weeks now, to a degree that it's having an impact on the tidiness of my home, which doesn't sit well with me. I see the Consultant on September 30th.

Frankly, I would mentally strike the apparently rogue reading from the record (obviously it stays on the record). A couple of weeks ago, I had a few days higher than normal, when we were sailing, and unfortunately both of us had slightly dickie tummies. It's hard not to lose perspective on these things, when micro-managing. I must admit, I find my trends graphs useful to get perspective back.

The occasional out-lying reading Is just what life throws our way.

Keep an eye on that fatigue though.

K

koukla

Dibbles1, I can't go for a walk as the Stroke I had put paid to my balance. However, I can use the gym equipment which I have in a spare bedroom but not just now because I'm too weary.

K

koukla

AndBreathe, yes, I think I'll update my spreadsheet today. That always makes things look better. As for the fatigue..... well, I don't know what to think. I maybe need more thyroid medication but I shall have to wait until 30th September unless it gets too much to handle and I go to see him privately.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are low carb are you eating enough fat,oil or that will leave you flat and tired

K

koukla

I think maybe not Jack but thank you for that suggestion. I do eat peanut butter but I'm tiny amounts. Maybe I should move myself later. I've some beautiful gammon steaks in the fridge. That and a fried egg and mushrooms for dinner just might be a pick me up. I've eaten so little since weekend.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
IOC the fatigue problem continues until next week and it's not obvious why and your BSLs are ok, them I would get in touch with your doc. There' s something happening. Let us know mate.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I wouldn't mess around with chronic fatigue mate! It was always in the background until I got my meds and to add insult to injury, I had a huge slice of sleep disruption on top.
I got put on sleeping tabs, wrongly, that only made things worse as I got use to them. It wasn't until I got put on a gliptin, did my sleeping habits return to what I would term normal, for me that is! Lots of shift patterns early mornings etc before I retired.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This needs investigating. All we are doing is guessing. Fatigue isn't normal. Something is causing it. Please see your GP.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
But I can sleep for England.... and not only during the night!
I used to get so frustrated trying to make docs believe that I could probably fall asleep anywhere about 11pm. I just woke up within 2 - 3 hours and that would be it. I would be lucky to sleep again. Rare was 6 hours. Now I'm averaging 7 hours even with a visit to the loo.
They wouldn't have it! Told me I was an insomniac or a light sleeper. Then there was the dreams!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not really sure but put it down to fluctuating BSLs. Symptoms of my condition include sleep disruption and nightmares,sweating at night etc. since being put on gliptins and my BSLs are now always in control, no hypers, no hypos! My insulin isn't flushing and causing mayhem with my body. I really believe sleep has a big part of all diabetics symptoms. Not read much, on how sleep affects diabetics!

K

koukla

I really don't want to go onto medication. I already take 30 different tablets a day for other conditions. I never need to get up for the loo either.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wow! Bet the chemists love you. And I bet you that your relieved you don't have to pay for them!
Omg, I can sympathise but you probably don't want that! Have you been recently given new meds or have the docs upped your dosage on any of them? Maybe a meds review is in order the mrs had one and she got another one instead! Let us know how you get on.

K

koukla

I've just had a review and managed to cut back on the dosages of some of them. It keeps ringing bells that I've read here somewhere about Statins and I'm on the highest dose of Atorvastatin that they can prescribe. That's to prevent the Strokes but I seem to think they're no good for Diabetes. Maybe they even caused it because it was 12 months after starting them that the diabetes was diagnosed. Who knows???