Insulin Pump Case/Covers - help needed

Alison204

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone,

Need some help please, I'm getting a pump soon and I'm trying to be prepared and have been trying to find a case that I can put my pump in and ideally clip on to a belt or something? Bit like a camera case but bit smaller. Want it a hard-ish material so if pump gets dropped the case will protect it.

Have looked online but can't really see anything suitable!?

So I'm asking for your help - what do you do to protect your pump and if you have a case where did you get it from??

Thank you all in advance
Alison x

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
have you thought about a small camera case from somewhere like an outdoors shop?

Alison204

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello, yes I've looked at a few small camera cases on eBay, just wondered if there was anything a bit more 'stylish' Lol! Seeing as I'll be wearin it all the time I want something nice hehe! If not a small camera case will do I guess, I suppose it's more about protecting the pump than style!

iHs

Most pump companies supply skins to put pumps in wnich are rubber and protect against damage. Ebay also has some nice pump cases as does Facebook. Have a look at Spibelts as they are good. My pump just goes in my bra most of the time.

anniehi41

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Pump
If you decide to have an Animas Vibe pump there is a pump case to fit, it's described as leather but it's not, I think it's plastic but it's very neat and strong with magnetic flaps and press stud fastening. I like it. The belt clip is really secure, if you ask your DSN or Rep when ordering they will perhaps give you one for free. It is on the Animas website price 35 dollars not sure what that is in Sterling at the moment.

Annie

Last edited by a moderator: