• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
RR, I understand where your coming from with the "last two sentences"... Lol I have been known to do running repairs myself on buttons & tears...!

I feel good old fashioned victorian values should be applied here. ;)
Come to think of it...?!
I have also been subject to a good "grilling" from an over protective dad in my youth, even though the relationship was purely "plutonic"....
Another occasion it was the mother who had consumed about 3 bottles of red one early evening while I waited on the front room for my date to get ready..
This "mother" after an emotional praising of her daughter, turned the mood even darker by crawling across the living room past the coffee table from her couch to my adjacent seat & proceeded to aggressively nibble on my ear...! There was absolutely no doubt about "Mrs Robinson's" intentions.. & she nearly got caught out by the daughter....

All good protective upbringing....! :confused:

:hilarious: Just read this and it did make me laugh out loud at,07.13 am, brilliant :)
Simon and Garfunkel are coming to mind now, thanks:)

D

Deleted member 83869

RR, I understand where your coming from with the "last two sentences"... Lol I have been known to do running repairs myself on buttons & tears...!

I feel good old fashioned victorian values should be applied here. ;)
Come to think of it...?!
I have also been subject to a good "grilling" from an over protective dad in my youth, even though the relationship was purely "plutonic"....
Another occasion it was the mother who had consumed about 3 bottles of red one early evening while I waited on the front room for my date to get ready..
This "mother" after an emotional praising of her daughter, turned the mood even darker by crawling across the living room past the coffee table from her couch to my adjacent seat & proceeded to aggressively nibble on my ear...! There was absolutely no doubt about "Mrs Robinson's" intentions.. & she nearly got caught out by the daughter....

All good protective upbringing....! :confused:

Not a bright spark....I am confused lol!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a bright spark....I am confused lol!

Sorry, just a humorous reflection of my youth when meeting the family of the "date" went a bit weird...
Funny enough, I bumped into the girl's (by this time an ex.) mother at a pub gig about ten years later..
She was still drunk & nearly broke my keyboard stand when she fell over trying to get at me...! :eek:

Google the 1967 film "The Graduate". & you'll know what I mean... ;)

D

Deleted member 83869

Sorry, just a humorous reflection of my youth when meeting the family of the "date" went a bit weird...
Funny enough, I bumped into the girl's (by this time an ex.) mother at a pub gig about ten years later..
She was still drunk & nearly broke my keyboard stand when she fell over trying to get at me...! :eek:

Hahaha oh dear! Who was the one in the wrong....you or the ex haha And will do :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hahaha oh dear! Who was the one in the wrong....you or the ex haha And will do :)
It was complicated from memory.. She was insecure with the possibility of "biological clock" intervention & I had just got a place at a college in Surrey.. She gave me a hard time about it & I cut loose from the situation.. Neither of us were mature enough to have family & ethically, I can only guide my own life...!;) No right or wrong, just different paths...

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

It was complicated from memory.. She was insecure with the possibility of "biological clock" intervention & I had just got a place at a college in Surrey.. She gave me a hard time about it & I cut loose from the situation.. Neither of us were mature enough to have family & ethically, I can only guide my own life...!;) No right or wrong, just different paths...
No harm done then lol! :)

Nigel Fenton

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think your partners idea is too bad. Its getting it to work will be the problem. Why wait for the government to do nothing when there is a great resource here. Why couldn't This site or its sponsors start a card. the card could be like a prepaid credit card say 2 or 3 quid, enough for a can or two. It could also be marked diabetic use only with what to do on the reverse. That may help reduce any confusion a hypo may create.

Maybe even a cover for your own prepaid credit card would be all that is needed. Again the cover cold have instructions printed on it.

You know the government wont do this but in theory its the right thing for someone or corporation to do.

Nigel

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Nicola have a listen to the awesome Simon and Garfunkle and as for yester years protocal listen to a new band called Magic and Rude which is the title. Its from the young mans point of view to his future wifes father. Ps watch the video too . X gosh i do feel over the hill now lol

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola have a listen to the awesome Simon and Garfunkle and as for yester years protocal listen to a new band called Magic and Rude which is the title. Its from the young mans point of view to his future wifes father. Ps watch the video too . X gosh i do feel over the hill now lol
I can't stand that song Rude lol!! x

D

Deleted member 83869

I don't think your partners idea is too bad. Its getting it to work will be the problem. Why wait for the government to do nothing when there is a great resource here. Why couldn't This site or its sponsors start a card. the card could be like a prepaid credit card say 2 or 3 quid, enough for a can or two. It could also be marked diabetic use only with what to do on the reverse. That may help reduce any confusion a hypo may create.

Maybe even a cover for your own prepaid credit card would be all that is needed. Again the cover cold have instructions printed on it.

You know the government wont do this but in theory its the right thing for someone or corporation to do.

Nigel
Yes finally someone who agrees and isn't being so negative lol!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Sure I said it was a good idea ;)

As RRB says earlier, your boyfriends intentions are good and you should be so pleased that you have someone that cares so much about you Nicola, don't let him go :)

Reactions: 7 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Lol Hang on...?!! Who titled this topic "Stupid idea by my boyfriend"? :D

Granted, I feel the concept is flawed.. Think along the lines of garage "fuel cards".? Not all garages take them, which can be sometimes the only means of payment for an employee driving a company vehicle...
Shop staff training. Regarding educating any misconceptions about diabetes, & understanding the cards application.
Setting up the tills to take these cards by whatever means, so "stock control" is balanced.
Then there would be the issue of the reimbursement to the business concerned with this "hypo card" transaction & setting up these accounts.?

image.jpg

Disclaimer; the comments above are purely in the spirit of 'light hearted banter"....;):p

D

Deleted member 83869

Lol Hang on...?!! Who titled this topic "Stupid idea by my boyfriend"? :D

Granted, I feel the concept is flawed.. Think along the lines of garage "fuel cards".? Not all garages take them, which can be sometimes the only means of payment for an employee driving a company vehicle...
Shop staff training. Regarding educating any misconceptions about diabetes, & understanding the cards application.
Setting up the tills to take these cards by whatever means, so "stock control" is balanced.
Then there would be the issue of the reimbursement to the business concerned with this "hypo card" transaction & setting up these accounts.?

View attachment 6283

Disclaimer; the comments above are purely in the spirit of 'light hearted banter"....;):p
Me i know lol but thats because i was asking if it was lol!

Brace yourselves he is joining the forum hahahaha

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I personally think this is a good idea! 1) people on low income would benefit from this a lot. 2) If you work, Could have a direct debit set up that adds a certain amount each month. 3) This could save lives! Most of you say it's a stupid idea but I bet 90% of diabetics would get it! Yeah the government would never go with it but as someone said a charity maybe? Please no hate, This is only a concept remember!

Peace.

Reactions: 8 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I personally think this is a good idea! 1) people on low income would benefit from this a lot. 2) If you work, Could have a direct debit set up that adds a certain amount each month. 3) This could save lives! Most of you say it's a stupid idea but I bet 90% of diabetics would get it! Yeah the government would never go with it but as someone said a charity maybe? Please no hate, This is only a concept remember!

Peace.

Ah the "young fellow me chap" in question.. :D Pleased to make your acquaintance! Lol
No hate just a healthy debate with a bit of silliness along the way..

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

You need to line up the Fold Backs so that amorous individuals can't gain access to the performance area.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to line up the Fold Backs so that amorous individuals can't gain access to the performance area.

Trust me when I say there is security at the gigs these days...
This guy though with friendly intent, unfortunately happened to look a bit like James Holmes "the batman killer".... :eek:

image.jpg