Sporty Forty.e t

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yay!
Three runs this week and a couple of planks - I wasn't betting on doing much, so I feel squids in!;)

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Anyone seen Nemo? I'm sure he's hiding away from these realllllly bad ( but made me laugh anyway) jokes lol

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Funny day today. I walked around doing building and environment inspections for 5 hours up and down stairs , along corridors etc. Decided that it was enough to cover my 40 minutes.
Tonight my sugar shot up , now im wondering if it was the peas I ate or the fact that I didn't go on my bike or walk up hills.
Who knows but tomorrow will be back on bike.
Oh I have used my little dumb bells while sitting onmy chair. Every little helps lol.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
5mile walk in the rain this morning. I'm soaking now but feel good.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
30 mins on bike and about 10 minutes rain dodging . Went out for drive expecting long walk at end and heavens opened with lightening when we got to destination so just had quick whizz round nearby village and CO OP to pick up extra lettuce for the rabbit (me)

Last edited by a moderator:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
1 minute plank and 3 hours gardening today.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Didn't do much yesterday:sorry:
Did a 50 minute walk this morning, slower than I wanted because my back was a bit painful and I had to keep stopping to get my posture correct after slopes.

Reactions: 7 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....just catching up after being away a couple of days, thanks @AndBreathe for the information, will check out freecycle re bikes as I'm pretty sure there's one here....

...coincidence that its called freecycle lol, I'll wheel myself over there and see if I can saddle myself with one.....oh no, the word play posts from sanguine and peace are catching....:playful:

....done my walking for the last two days, in fact I think we covered the whole of London.................twice....;)

Reactions: 3 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
5 hours walking around Glasgow watching the commonwealth games road race.
Got absolutely drenched but had another great day.
I think the real winner of the Glasgow commonwealth games is the City itself and the people who attended.

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
25 minute walk round Whitehaven- when tea settles will do a short blast on bike to make my numbers up.

Did 15 mins on bike - lamb dinner not conducive to peddling really but every little helps.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5 hours walking around Glasgow watching the commonwealth games road race.
Got absolutely drenched but had another great day.
I think the real winner of the Glasgow commonwealth games is the City itself and the people who attended.
I watched most of that cycling. Didn't spot you in the crowd.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have managed 4x50 minute aquafit sessions this week. The coach made me work very hard as she knows I can. The days I was not able to go to the pool, because of allergy medication I broke the 40 mins to sizeable chunks, doing Pilates, physio exercises and my new game of stretching with resistance bands.

The physiotherapist was impressed, showed me how to extend the exercises and to use weights. Ok so it is only increasing from 500g in each hand to 1kg in each. We have set of weights at home, so Mr Pipp sorted hand weights for me. The heaviest combination we could make was 6 kg. then I realised that I am now 6 of those 6kg weights less than I was at my heaviest. I found it difficult to lift one 6kg weight, so not sure how I used to function.

Physiotherapist also advised that the body blade would not be that beneficial, although would do no harm. It is more a toning exercise tool and I need cardio workout. So may think about that, but in meantime stepping up her exercise programme and giving aqua coach permission to make me move faster for longer.

Happy days!

Reactions: 9 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Same as yesterday, 1 minute plank and 2-3 hours gardening/digging.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I watched most of that cycling. Didn't spot you in the crowd.

Oh I was there . I love the photo of the little girl hiding from the rain

Attachments

• 1407100282779.jpg
    1407100282779.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 1407100298939.jpg
    1407100298939.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 1407100318751.jpg
    1407100318751.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 127

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No walking today but have been tidying and decluttering the house. Will get more than enough walking done in the next few days. Tomorrow hubbie is taking the boys to light water valley,leaving early so I will have to walk the dog and Tuesday he is off to his mums till Thursday so I will have to do all the dog walking.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...won't be doing much walking today, the town will be packed, roads closed, as the World War Memorial Arch is being opened by Prince Harry....will be stuck at work when it all happens but am very nearby so we should be able to see a fair bit and soak up the atmosphere...

....walk when I get home then....:cool:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh I was there . I love the photo of the little girl hiding from the rain
Is that David Millar flashing past there Jamrox?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so I doubt if I will get any exercise in today...except ironing. I'll be back on Saturday and I hope I'll be walking lots while I'm away.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up with sore neck. Tempted to turn over and stay in bed, but as bed was so uncomfortable went off for a pool workout. 50 mins of intense aquafit. Then when everyone else got out of the pool I remained swimming gently, and imagining I was in the Carribean. That lasted 20 mins until the pool staff started to get the floats and slides and stuff out and marauding hoards of kids appeared. Time for a sharp exit. Neck still sore too, but at least I gave my heart a good work out, and hopefully worked some calories off.

Cheering myself up drinking green tea with peppermint. I know how to live it up!