Blood sugar still high

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Paul, it may not be easy to persuade the GP or nurse. Some will have heard of the tests but others on the forum have met blank stares. I had to suggest to my diabetes expert GP to add Gliclazide to my meds in the early days when my sugars kept going up and he said 'that's a good idea'. So much for the expert. A couple of years ago I gave up and paid for the two tests from Medi-checks; not cheap but gave me peace of mind. Fortunately I was finally put on insulin but I'm still listed as a T2. I can only suggest you remind them you have never been overweight and have an excellent diet. How old are you, BTW? If young that adds weight to your pressure on them. Good luck

paul_round

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm 52, but my nurse reckons I've been diabetic for about 5 years. It all adds up too, I have many of the symptoms for years, such as peeing more frequently, drinking lots of water, tiredness, particularly after eating and a raging appetite.

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
Yeah, done all that, week 4 of met. Having looked over the forums, I'm now wondering if I'm type 1.5, I've never been overweight, never eaten sweet things, no fizzy drinks, etc, or am aI being paranoid.
Contact your doctor to discuss this and ask if you were tested for antibodies and c-peptide.

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.

paul_round

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, readings for today are:
6:37 am, 9.3
breakfast of 2 grilled sausages, grilled mushrooms, poached egg, coffee with cream.
12:45 7.2
lunch was spinach and 3 bean salad, with olives and tuna, boiled egg, little bit of french dressing, coffee with cream.
15:45, (2 hours after lunch), 8.8.