16-18 Type 1?

callum96

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
New to the forum and think it would be good to speak to people my own age with diabetes. :)

C

catherinecherub

Hi callum and welcome to the forum.
There are plenty of other young people with diabetes here. Plenty of older people too who will be able to relate to you as many of them were diagnosed at a young age.

Look forward to your postings.

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I could persuade my 15 year old son on to come on here. He was diagnosed type 1 in June. I think it would help him a lot having people his own age who understand what he's going through.

callum96

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I could persuade my 15 year old son on to come on here. He was diagnosed type 1 in June. I think it would help him a lot having people his own age who understand what he's going through.
I think he should definitely join, sometimes you can feel a bit misunderstood by friends and family that do not have diabetes. Always nice to be able to speak to someone in the same position. If he does decide to join I am here to speak to if needed. :)

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Callum96, he spends most of his time on either xbox or his computer, editing games wiki pages. Hes pretty much into the games thing. If any of you guys/girls are into gaming, I'm sure I could get him to join if you all had a shared interest, you know?

callum96

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aha, I play a bit of xbox now and then but am personally more into things like playing football but im sure that there are others on the forum who are into gaming who could maybe convince him to join.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :) I'm also a Type 1 diabetic, diagnosed about 2 months ago... Feel free to message me!!

DRAGEX323

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 16 in two months and have been a T1 for 12 years now, I would love to talk to people so message me at any point or tweet me @DRAGEX323

MollyDriver98

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 16 and have been type 1 since I was 6, if you nee to talk then you can just message me

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heey :) I'm 16 and I've had diabetes 8 years aswell :)

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes :p
Thanks Callum96, he spends most of his time on either xbox or his computer, editing games wiki pages. Hes pretty much into the games thing. If any of you guys/girls are into gaming, I'm sure I could get him to join if you all had a shared interest, you know?

Im massive into gaming! Xbox, PC, PS4 you name it! He could email me on [email protected] if you ever needs someone to just talk to about diabetes. Sometimes its harder to express yourself to someone you know, rather than someone further away. :)

Ellajane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 16 and have been diagnosed a year yesterday so if anyone wants to talk, and not just the diabetes stuff, then feel free!
Just generally, am I the only one that gets the giggles and wants to dance while they're low? I can't even dance that's the worst part of it...

Signe_Kirk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Callum! I'm 16 and I was diagnosed with T1 almost 5 years ago :) I'm new at the forum and I could use someone to talk to, feel free to message me:)