low carb bread - fantastic.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Add some gluten powder ...its low carb .and fixes the LC flour mixes and gives a more normal crumb and texture

Reactions: 2 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Doubt it but I'm good with it as it is. I haven't had 'normal' bread in 4+ years anyhow.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The 1KG pack is free delivery on Amazon, a saving of £5 :eek: from the Sukrin site :)

Signy

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
So do you have to bake this type of bread or can you buy it from the shops I must admit I not seen any around where I live or maybe its in the health shops??

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not sure I got it from the allergy show. You add water and bake :) easy!

Type 1 diagnosed 1990
HBa1c current 8.3
Pump and CGM used (animas vibe)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I baked my first Sukrin loaf today - it was far too easy. :cool:

Anyway it's a good vector for Kerrygold, although I can't slice it any thinner than 44g per slice (but even that's not too carby).

Sukrin.JPG

Reactions: 6 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Looks very appertising ...adds to a must try list

Alice233

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bread is a carb however you could try alternatives such a rye bread which is high in fibre and will leave you feeling fuller for longer.
you could also try cracker breads such as riveta and things like that

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Crackers and Ryvita are higher in carbs by far, unfortunately :( And far less filling than the Sukrin bread which is also high in fibre .

Rye bread too is also high in carbs , I tried that and it spiked my BG badly . Which is a shame as I really like it :( Others may be able to tolerate it though .

I bought the 1kg bag last time, made three, and sliced and froze two . Delicious :happy:

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Bread is a carb however you could try alternatives such a rye bread which is high in fibre and will leave you feeling fuller for longer.
you could also try cracker breads such as riveta and things like that
If not coeliac then try the burgen bread, (linseed) a lot lower carb than most and doesn't spike blood sugars.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I wish, carbsrock. Burgen makes me spike, not orbital but up to 14 after eating rather than the more usual 7-8. Different strokes for different folks.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I wish, carbsrock. Burgen makes me spike, not orbital but up to 14 after eating rather than the more usual 7-8. Different strokes for different folks.
Hi Alan ,as a matter of interest which loaf did you buy as there is more than one variety?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I received my Sukrin bread mix from Amazon this evening and set to almost immediately to bake it. Only problem was instructions said to "pour" the mix into the foil tin, and no way can you pour a nice solid dough ball into anything... :eek::p:p Otherwise as @robert72 said - far too easy!

It cooked nicely and tastes nice too, but I've been buying unsalted Kerrygold for my other baking, and I definitely don't like this to spread on my butties. I have to wait till next week now until I can get me a salted pack.

I think I'll definitely be ordering more of it from Amazon in a larger quantity...

Robbity

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I recently bought a 1kg bag which I split in two and cooked half (2loaves of 4) must report freezes very well!

Works out easy and cheap to bake in batches. Very tempted to do some small rolls next time :)

Reactions: 4 people