Wow didn't expect to drop this much ...

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since coming off the pill , I have experienced more hypos which I was told I might experience . Since being due and on now finished !!
What the hell is going on I've been hypoing so much , I've dropped ratios background insulin . I'm on lower amounts of insulin now and it's still lowering . I used to get hypos when I was on my period ect , now I've came off my pill it was worse .
Even more lowering to be done tonight and tomorrow . I know what I'm doing with my insulin it's just wow unexpected of how much I'm actually having to decrease it by . I would understand if I was pregnant and in my first trimester but wow . Just didn't expect it would drop this dramatically eeeh !! All because the pill .
I am slowly getting there now but wow been an eventful week .

On the plus side before the hypos had started I went for my hba1c , if all is well and I've kept a low hba1c And sort my hypos out I shall be trying eeek .
I was giving the go ahead in July but wanted to be on folic acid a tad bit longer .
So fingers cross for my hba1c .

Rant and excitement hahaha !!! :facepalm:

:):):)

jade88

Wow cloe I had no idea that the pill could have such an impact! Good to know for when I get to that stage so thanks for sharing!
Let us know how you get on with your hbac1 so exciting! xxx

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know so I'm guessing the pill had upped my insulin been on it for a few years now so never payed attention as was all my normal insulin intake . as when I had my week free pill I would drop , so asked the nurses , and I was told it was something with in the pill but I can't remember what it was she said . Just amazed me at how it's all worked out as like you said I never would of guessed it would of made this much of a difference .
When the times right will have a big think on weather to go back on to this as it will just shoot my readings up again but that's a long way off yet lol !! it's all crazy haha .
It might not happen to everyone but yeah that's my experience with it all so far and i was on the pill cilest .

Thank you so much , when I find out I shall let you know fingers crossed hehe
Take care .

x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey.
As I said , my hypos started to happen where I was getting too many after I had my bloods taken for my hba1c so the hypos wouldn't of been counted in the bloods I had taken .

Sooo I just got my results in may I was 6.7 I'm now 6.5 woooohoooo . I kept it low .
I'm so excited right now Hahahahaha

xx

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done on the great HbA1c! I had the exact same problem when coming off the pill and still go low during my period now. I'm glad I came off the pill 3 months before we started trying with our 1st child as my control went out of the window. It does improve though and I wouldn't go back on the pill now either!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on the great HbA1c! I had the exact same problem when coming off the pill and still go low during my period now. I'm glad I came off the pill 3 months before we started trying with our 1st child as my control went out of the window. It does improve though and I wouldn't go back on the pill now either!
Thank you so much for replying with this , has made me feel loads better that others have experienced this too . Yeah that's what I thought with how much insulin I was on to what I'm on now with it still lowering , finally today I've not hypoed and I didn't last night either so cracked it for today haha !!
If you don't mind me asking what did you chose to use for contraception ?

And thank you so much , I'm very happy with it hehe
:):):)

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a coil fitted 3 months after my lg was born. Unfortunately I had a lot of pain with it (didn't realise it was that at the time) then 6 months later it fell out and the pain stopped. Went back on the pill then and came off it a year ago and the same thing happened with low sugars. Not sure what I'll do once I finally have baby no 2 ( 2 miscarriages in the last year) x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I see , sounds very painful you must of been in a lot of discomfort . It will be a tricky decision but I guess it's a long way off as of now , got the whole journey in front of us yet lol , was just very shocked at what the pill can do :confused: !!

Congratulations on your first pregnancy by the way . And I'm so sorry to hear about that . Must of been a horrible time .

What is your current hba1c .
Wishing you loads of luck for conceiving and throughout pregnancy with baby no 2 .

x

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you, yes the last year has been very tough. HbA1c is 39 or 5.7 and has been no higher than 6 in the last year so my diabetes team don't think it's related. It's hard as we fell pregnant really quickly with our lg and had a relatively easy pregnancy although was quite sick. I know lots of people have miscarriages but I didn't expect to have two! Terrified about it happening again :-(

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't even begin to imagine what you have gone through . But you sound a very strong women as your still trying now which I think is great .
It's tragic what you have gone through , but it is brilliant with what your hba1c is and also what the doctors have told you aswell , that there is no possible way you can blame yourself and you know your doing all you can because your hba1c is fab !!
I can imagine the fear you have going through you , as like you said it's happened twice but you have also had a healthy baby . I really hope your time will come with what you've gone through you really deserve it .
Best wishes
x