• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it likely to be my thyroid???
Thyroid problems are common in women, hypothyroidism is usually autoimmune and if you have one autoimmune condition you are greater risk getting more of them. And hypothyroidism makes you unbelievably tired and listless and a lot more, So get it checked.

Ask for vitamin B12 and folate to be tested too, as of course iron levels, both Ferritin and Hb.

D

Deleted member 83869

Thyroid problems are common in women, hypothyroidism is usually autoimmune and if you have one autoimmune condition you are greater risk getting more of them. And hypothyroidism makes you unbelievably tired and listless and a lot more, So get it checked.

Ask for vitamin B12 and folate to be tested too, as of course iron levels, both Ferritin and Hb.
Turns out i had been tested for it on my last blood test and all is okay she just said to take vitamins so i have just bought these....
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1408385115.082706.jpg

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Get a print out of results. They don't always know how to interpret these tests.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is my little list of possible causes of tiredness, others have mentioned some of these.
  1. Underactive Thyroid
  2. High blood sugars
  3. Iron deficiency anaemia
  4. Vitamin D deficiency
  5. Vitamin B12 deficiency
  6. Depression
  7. Stress
  8. Sleep Apnea
  9. Not getting enough sleep or good quality sleep
The blood tests for thyroid tend not to be the complete set, so you may still have problems.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have had Under active Thyroid since I was 26......a long time ago lol..... I now have High BP...tabs taken for it.....cholestrol....tabs taken for it and Diabetes....so have taken Thiroxine for long time .... tiredness is somthing I never had but have now I only have to lay on the bed to watch TV and off I go to sleep laughs ...miss what i went up to look at on the Tv

Barkley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
grumpy people
It could be your thyroid, if your doctor doubts you insist on a blood test, it may be you are only going through a phase, try and look at the good things in live and one day everything will come fine.

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I agree I remember one time i was so tired i got up had a drink and got on the couch and rested all was too much for me .....thats when i went to the Doctors and told them the symptoms some of which I didn't have but after doing a day on glands in my nursing course I decided that was what i had and hey presto when the blood test results came back it was Hyporthyroidism......

D

Deleted member 83869

Here is my little list of possible causes of tiredness, others have mentioned some of these.
  1. Underactive Thyroid
  2. High blood sugars
  3. Iron deficiency anaemia
  4. Vitamin D deficiency
  5. Vitamin B12 deficiency
  6. Depression
  7. Stress
  8. Sleep Apnea
  9. Not getting enough sleep or good quality sleep
The blood tests for thyroid tend not to be the complete set, so you may still have problems.

The most likely ones for me in that list are......2 (even though my hba1c has come down 6 and 7!) But have started taking vitamins now!

D

Deleted member 83869

I agree I remember one time i was so tired i got up had a drink and got on the couch and rested all was too much for me .....thats when i went to the Doctors and told them the symptoms some of which I didn't have but after doing a day on glands in my nursing course I decided that was what i had and hey presto when the blood test results came back it was Hyporthyroidism......
Hmmm well I will see if anything improves taking these vitamins if not then I will go back! :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
How does a change of insulin stop tiredness?

Only thing it did for me was to cause me to change all my basals needlessly and had to change them all back when I went back to Novorapid.

Reactions: 2 people