Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi smeneley- it's a new one apparently, works by forcing the glucose out in your urine, I certainly feel the difference, especially combined with adhering to my lchf

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.1, but considering I went to bed on 6.7 after a long day I suppose that's not too bad.

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 here. Probably all the pork I had with my dinner and the dodgy strips. Only anther three tubs to go!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, this morning I tested at 4.7 at 06:30.

Last night I was 4.2 before dinner, 4.5, 2 hours after. I had omelette with salad (had a bit of a Heck sausage disaster - I'll spare you the details.....), after which I wouldn't expect any rise whatsoever, so the 0.3 was a bit unusual, but insignificant. I tested before bed; 4.2, then I tested at 2am, just out of curiosity, and to see if I could test and get back to sleep in advance of a 24 hour hourly test I'm going to undertake shortly. Like you, Ethel, I'm trying to get through the odd strips. I'm finding them unsettling.

So, folks. Next time I suggest anyone takes a chill-pill after a random odd reading, remind me of these days!! Memo to self: Get a grip!

Anyway, this morning I've had a new meter delivered. My original Codefree seems to be dying, so I had to get one in, just in case. The new meter gives me a few strips, and as they are from a different batch, it'll make interesting comparative testing.

Anyway, I'd best get a wiggle on. I need to be out of here by noon, and I'm not very used to deadlines any more. Before I go, I want to prep my evening meal, so that I can just drop it into the oven when I get home, and be sure of a decent, nutritionally good meal, because I think I'll be hungry.

Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just finding them confusing as I'm not sure they are very consistent even within the batch as I've had more bizarre outliers with this lot than any other batch. I've been recording the readings as they are, not knocking anything off, so it will be interesting to see what if any drop I get when this lot eventually runs out. Have also ordered a spare meter as mine started showing an odd start up screen.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Bed on 6.6, just under two hours after my (late) evening meal, 5.7 this morning.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just finding them confusing as I'm not sure they are very consistent even within the batch as I've had more bizarre outliers with this lot than any other batch. I've been recording the readings as they are, not knocking anything off, so it will be interesting to see what if any drop I get when this lot eventually runs out. Have also ordered a spare meter as mine started showing an odd start up screen.

I'm with you on everything you say there, Ethel. I wonder if @Andrew Colvin has found similar things?

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I only see the little blip up to 5.6 on the days when I have had more protein, otherwise I sit between a nice 4.5 to 5.2 depending on the time I get up (I seem to jump to 5.2 and then go down to 4.5 and around I go again and even exercise generally keeps me in this zone (can always catch my body by surprise but it catches on fast)). Although with these strips I have not seen anything below 5 for a while but the hospital's meter showed be at 4.2 yesterday. The codefree always measured a little higher than the expensive one I have so their 4.2 is probably the codefree's 4.5

I'm not sure I answered your question.

edit: oh btw 5.1 on these strips this morning so probably 4.6 which matches the coldness of my hands at the time

Reactions: 5 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Missed consistency... Yes they are consistently not right if that helps. My wife and niece cant even get them below 5.1! If I get a whacky number that I don't believe I use a strip from another batch I have. I was considering contacting homehealth but I only have a few strips left

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed consistency... Yes they are consistently not right if that helps. My wife and niece cant even get them below 5.1! If I get a whacky number that I don't believe I use a strip from another batch I have. I was considering contacting homehealth but I only have a few strips left

I have just started my second box of 5, so I have a little way to go. I guess as far as Home Health are concerned, provided the readings fall within the allowed parameters, I doubt they'd be interested. I've also thought about it, but dismissed it to be honest. I may reconsider as I sort of feel I don't really know where I stand.

@cold ethyl - I'm also recording as I see the reading on the meter, or I'd end up going a bit bonkers making all sorts of adjustments, but these daysI usually know where I am. The 4.2 for hours, rising to 4.7 before getting up could be right if I do the mental -0.5. I guess a liver dump after more than 12 hours at 4.2/3.7 should be expected.

Happy days.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad it's not just me that is finding them inconsistent. The .5 off makes sense on most of my readings but I had an odd one at 17.1 and I'd washed my hands and dried them. Retested and it was 5.3, so goodness knows where that had come from. Seems worse at the top end of my range.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I tested before bed; 4.2, then I tested at 2am, just out of curiosity, and to see if I could test and get back to sleep in advance of a 24 hour hourly test I'm going to undertake shortly.

During the night are you going to try and stay awake or set the alarm for every hour? Either way isn't the lack of sleep and stress going to have a negative impact on the results?

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. At my appointment a few months back. I was give 500mg of metformin as "let's see what this does, and we'll go from there". I left with the fear that the medication would be increased at this last appointment. But alas, I got good news, going to stay the same course for now. I'm happy.

Good luck tomorrow! I find I need to keep my carbs below 50g a day to get really good morning numbers. Everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.