According to my consultant.

Nicola_F

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are having more than one hypo in a day this suggests that what you are using to relive the hypo, makes you hyper then hypo. You need to balance your BSLs to a level and stay within that level. My normal BSLs are between 4 & 6. It may go to a 7 after eating. But as long as you keep topping up with protein and veg and fruit that won't spike you. Then you don't need the carbs. You will get enough from the fruit and especially the veg.
You will be tested again. For other things. Are you on meds for diabetes?
I've had tons of tests in the last few months, raging from oral glucose test which sent me hypo lol through to a fasting that lasted eighty hours, as regard to the meds, at the moment no I'm on none, but that might change in November when my consultant is thinking about a drug called Acarbose

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Did your BSLs remain constant throughout your very long fast? Mine never rose over 4.8. I did seventy hours. Did they not say you are flushing insulin. The question is why didn't they put you on meds after your fasting test?
I am now going to look up your proposed meds.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Update. Acerbose is a high carb blocker which prevents carb absorption to produce glucogen then insulin.
It is a different approach. Believe that they would prefer you to eat 'complex carbs' still. Unless your RH diagnosis is different to mine. Let me know.

Nicola_F

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
I think they are more worried about my low BMI which I found out yesterday is about 16.9, bbut that's understandable as I barely have chance to rest these days

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
They want to fatten you up. The meds are to help you eat medium to high carbs. Until your BMI has stabilised to your correct weight they will want to eat as much carbs as possible. Which I find a bit strange unless I have misread it.
I would wait and see what happens until you see what he recommend I would try and eat more protein to bulk up your muscles, and more fat if you can!
Keep an eye on the hypos! Eat as Often as possible to try and keep at that level that doesn't give you problems. Still find it strange that you are not on meds!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
P
Not particularly mate but last night I went up the apples to speak to the trouble about going out for a ruby. She took a butchers at her kettle and said "it's a bit late have we got lager and lime?" I said yes and got on the dog to book an aunt mabel. We had our ruby and would you Adam and Eve it, the tea leaves tried to overcharge me! I told them I had my ruby with jockeys and it came to an Ayrton!
Nuff said.
Pass!!!

Are you speaking pidgin English or what?
Ye no, ye no, ye no!

You know! You know! You do know!?

Ano! Ano! Ano!

I know I know, I know!!

Has Anton signed yet?

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Nah geeza it's Cockney rhyming slang innit!

Translation -
"Not particularly mate but last night I went up the stairs (apples and pears) to speak to the wife (trouble and strife) about going out for a curry (ruby murray). She took a look (butchers hook) at her watch (kettle of scotch) and said "it's a bit late have we got time (lager and lime)?" I said yes and got on the phone (dog and bone) to book a table (aunt mabel). We had our curry (ruby murray) and would you believe (Adam and Eve) it, the thieves (tea leaves) tried to overcharge me! I told them I had my curry (ruby murray) with chips (jockeys whips) and it came to a tenner (Ayrton Senna)!
End of story (Nuff said).

Anton who?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Anton Ferdinand or am I dreaming I saw that on the news this morning.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh b*ll*cks I do hope not! that would be a huge backward step for us, he was rubbish when we got shot of him and he's not improved since......

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wish the Superwhites had him! Lol!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The thing is mate, and I mean no offence, players that we feel aren't good enough for us would put you back in the championship, which if we're honest is probably where you belong.....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
we really don't belong in the Championship! We cannot afford to be in League Two. The likes of Luton and York are paying bigger wagesand have bigger squads. there are conference teams that have a bigger budget than us. To put it in perspective. Rooneys wages (not including sponsorship) for a month is more than our yearly budget for staff and players!
I would love to see big names at Prenton Park. But it will only be in the oppositions team.
We are going to struggle again this season, only hope I see some good footie!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Update number 8 I think!

Was at the docs again this morning, this time because of the wife. After that we went to town and decided to go to McDonalds for lunch!! Well the wife did and I didn't get an option. I decided on a chicken and bacon salad which was very nice indeed! Who would have thought? So the update is me and the OH decided to split a banana milk shake! Well we headed home and I tested after an hour 7.2, then after 2 hours 5.4.

Woo-hoo!

Reactions: 2 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good news mate! Mucky D's is back on the menu then! :)

Reactions: gemma_T1

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Only for a treat mate!

Still can't stand the decor and millions of screaming kids!

The grandkids are twisting my arm!

Oh! Alright then! Next time we are down there!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Update no 23!

Had my glucose tolerance test today! Didn't go as I and my consultant wished
The high was 11 and the low 3.3 after 3 and a half hours. Though I never had hypo symptoms and felt ok through the test we were hoping that it wouldn't go below 4.0. Had a lot more bloods sent away for testing and had a c peptide sent away. After a biscuit or two my BSLs returned to normal and I was allowed home.
Think I will be having more tests and more time at the hospital.
On the plus side I have lost more weight, 13st 3lb now!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Update no 31!

Had a personal phone call off my consultant (yes that's right!) after the failed test last week. He only came back from his hols today!
Starting tomorrow I have to up my dosage of stigliptin.
We will see what that brings!

Here's hoping!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everything crossed for you mate, must be really frustrating for you

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Everything crossed for you mate, must be really frustrating for you
It's not frustra.,....

Ok it is!
I have started today and have lost my appetite! I think he will have me in for more tests in a month or so!
The good thing is no symptoms!
How are you getting on mate?

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sorry mate, missed the reply.

Yes I'm getting on really well, I've got the whole Diabetes thing under tight control, the "recovering from knee surgery" thing is not so good. The Physio isn't working and I've been told that this is about as good as it gets! But I can look forward to regular cortisone injections (directly into my knee) until I can have a knee replacement, which I'm about 15 years too young for.......

Ho hum, life goes on :)