Walking up steep hills
Goooood morning everyone I hope you have a lovely day xxx

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Good morning Jamrox - I probably won't :( but thanks anyway!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

I heard this today and it should be our anthem

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Aw Sanguine heres a virtual hug xxx

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pipp what's up with your eating? Is it knocking off your blood sugars
Blood sugars no problem. But that is where the problem started. On another thread a while ago, lots of people suggested I should be testing. So I bought a meter and started testing. Then someone else suggested I should try testing after eating high carb and sugary foods. Gullible fool that I am, I steraed to push limits. Gained a fair bit of weight back, which I really don't need, as I am still carrying about 4-5 stones more than is good for me. Trouble is, I cannot get back into good eating habits. Tried LCHF but the amount of cheese and cream I consumed was vast. Just felt hungry all the time. Thinking of trying to get back to Newcastle method, because I have done it before, successfully, but that was to reverse T2. Without the high blood glucose readings the incentive is not there.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not been able to do so much today ( maybe did a bit too much yesterday !) but still had a walk into the shopping centre from car park to go to mobile phone shop to sort out a problem with phone. After this we went for a late breakfast in a cafe with a friend which involved another walk across a long car park plus been up and down stairs in house at least 3 times on my own plus crutch so not been completely bad. So glad you enjoyed the swimming Jamrox well done x

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pipp, I don't know what to suggest diet wise- I've been lucky so far in that I feel better not eating carbs so it is a good incentive to keep at it. I haven't gone mad on the fat side of things so weight loss has been good. Mainly lots of meaty things with salad and low carb veg, or tuna and mackerel. Perhaps a short burst on the Newcastle might kickstart weight loss and give you the motivation to carry on losing weight. Obviously your BS levels are ok now, but carrying the excess weight round isn't great for heart or joints and long term may impact on BS again. I know you know all this but anything I can do to help you, just shout x

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20 mins on bike and 20 mins brisk walk up and round town. Going to get on bike when tea settles and peddle off the two breaded garlic mushrooms I had as treat with my tea. BS was 4.5 before so hoping I get away with it.

Actually did 20 minutes. No breaded mushroom is worth that ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pipp, I don't know what to suggest diet wise- I've been lucky so far in that I feel better not eating carbs so it is a good incentive to keep at it. I haven't gone mad on the fat side of things so weight loss has been good. Mainly lots of meaty things with salad and low carb veg, or tuna and mackerel. Perhaps a short burst on the Newcastle might kickstart weight loss and give you the motivation to carry on losing weight. Obviously your BS levels are ok now, but carrying the excess weight round isn't great for heart or joints and long term may impact on BS again. I know you know all this but anything I can do to help you, just shout x
How about locking me in a barn with just water to drink and an occasional cauliflower chucked in?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a repeat of yesterday's exercise, 20 mins swim and 50 mins intense aqua fit session. I left out the two hour kip though, so most likely will go to sleep early tonight.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Pipp I have salad most days for lunch with Coronation chicken Oh how I love coronation chicken lol.
Tell you what , you try hard with the eating and Ill try hard with the swimming. Oh how I wish I could do it. I went tonight to practice. I did it for about half an hour . My immediate goal is to do a width without stopping. Not much I know

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Today "swam " for about half an hour ..mm don't know if I can call it swimming yet.
Went for a walk at lunchtime too.
My thighs and knees are sore tonight Pipp any tips?

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pipp I have salad most days for lunch with Coronation chicken Oh how I love coronation chicken lol.
Tell you what , you try hard with the eating and Ill try hard with the swimming. Oh how I wish I could do it. I went tonight to practice. I did it for about half an hour . My immediate goal is to do a width without stopping. Not much I know

Oh blinkin' 'eck, Jamrox. Your challenges!
Ok, ok, I will sort this, but you had better keep up the swimming. I will be checking up on you. Looking for somewhere to swim next time I am in Scotland!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today "swam " for about half an hour ..mm don't know if I can call it swimming yet.
Went for a walk at lunchtime too.
My thighs and knees are sore tonight Pipp any tips?
Cut down on walking, and increase swimming?
Get out of shallow end of pool in case you are bumping knees and thighs on pool floor!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 @2 hrs ( or 5.1 taking high reading strips into account) so the peddling helped. Having 4 strawbs and dessert spoon Greek yogurt as treat.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Doing well Jamrox, if you keep at it you'll probably find a crossover line from gritting your teeth and getting on with it to oh this isn't too bad..

More rushing round at lunchtime, its one of those weeks, nearly the whole hour spent walking, loads of ironing to do this evening so at least I won't be flopped out on the sofa..:oops:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doing well Jamrox, if you keep at it you'll probably find a crossover line from gritting your teeth and getting on with it to oh this isn't too bad..

More rushing round at lunchtime, its one of those weeks, nearly the whole hour spent walking, loads of ironing to do this evening so at least I won't be flopped out on the sofa..:oops:
Ok, I am getting off the sofa, right now.
Just because I have completed my time today doesn't mean I shouldn't go and put in some extra time on toning exercise.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't done any exercise today apart from going up and down stairs a lot looking after a relative with a broken wrist. Definitely not skiving today though. I would've loved to have walked instead.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't done any exercise today apart from going up and down stairs a lot looking after a relative with a broken wrist. Definitely not skiving today though. I would've loved to have walked instead.

Up and down stairs is good. So is changing your exercise routine, but I am guessing you did not enjoy this!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Blood sugars no problem. But that is where the problem started. On another thread a while ago, lots of people suggested I should be testing. So I bought a meter and started testing. Then someone else suggested I should try testing after eating high carb and sugary foods. Gullible fool that I am, I steraed to push limits. Gained a fair bit of weight back, which I really don't need, as I am still carrying about 4-5 stones more than is good for me. Trouble is, I cannot get back into good eating habits. Tried LCHF but the amount of cheese and cream I consumed was vast. Just felt hungry all the time. Thinking of trying to get back to Newcastle method, because I have done it before, successfully, but that was to reverse T2. Without the high blood glucose readings the incentive is not there.

My break came when I get referred to a NHS dietician. I did a food diary, she scowled at me. I ate less until she stopped scowling.
Now as I've done it, lost the excess weight, and I can feel the difference, I don't want it back.
I've experimented recently, but always made it back later.
I have had enough of piggybacking a small child around.
I don't want it back.