Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ally - That has to be one of your best yet? Are you managing to stick with your food regime, and how are you getting along with your modified drug regime?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 on going to bed.

5.4; 5.8; & 6.0 during the day

7.6 this morning. Aaaarrgh!

Diana - I really feel for you. I think by now, I'd be bypassing the "Aaaaaarggggh" reaction and going straight to full-blown tantrum, 2 year old styleeee. It's such a pain when your other scores are so good.

Any light on the other issues you're juggling?

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 or 4.8, depending on the meter and strips (both Codefree). I think I'm going to talk to Home Health this morning and just see if they have had any other feedback about this batch of strips. As, for me, the readings are within the +/-20% allowable tolerances, I doubt there will be any action taken, but I'd be interested to hear what they have to say.

On a more routine note; I am bored of this cold weather!!! I have my heating on this morning, and I've had it on a few mornings recently, just for 30 minutes, to raise the background temperature. I'm reconciled that trundling through my days in a bikini and sarong or vest isn't the way forward here, but I don't want to be wearing socks and sweaters in August. Obviously, there isn't anything you guys can do about that.

Grump over. Time to load the washing machine.

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diana - I really feel for you. I think by now, I'd be bypassing the "Aaaaaarggggh" reaction and going straight to full-blown tantrum, 2 year old styleeee. It's such a pain when your other scores are so good.

Any light on the other issues you're juggling?

Aww thank you @AndBreathe. Permission to stamp feet and throw myself on the ground? I love it!

Its a total mystery to me. For years I've had a large glass of hot water with a generous squeeze of lemon, on waking and going to bed. I dropped the bedtime one last night, thinking it might be the citrus. I've also reduced my drugs further and dropped the co-codomol as my joint pain and inflammation has reduced since low-carbing. So I'm not taking any meds at bedtime.

Other personal stuff is ongoing but 1st Sept has been mooted as settlement date. Not getting too excited as I've already had 2.5 years of raised and dashed hopes and broken promises.

I'm with you on the cold. I also have heating on for 30 mins each morning (and evening) and yesterday was praying there wouldn't be a house fire or anyone calling at the door as I was wearing capri pants and Ugg boots to keep my feet warm!

Have a good day and thank you for the support

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
4.5 this am.
I had rice, Vietnamese banh mi chicken, prawns, cream of mushroom with truffle oil, and fruit last night! Had guests for dinner at home and I've been "experimenting" including the "bad" carb dinners ( rice/fruit) for dinner these past few days and getting morning 4.4-4.6... Before I used to get 6's. Does that mean my insulin resistance has lowered? Maybe.With plant based/no dairy/fish/low carb (no rice/bread) I get a consistent 3.9-4.2. Don't want to stretch my luck though, I'll go back to my usual diet :)

Have a good day everyone!
You have seen the same as me - increase the carbs a little and you get consistently lower resting numbers. My hypothesis is that the liver and pancreas get used to flat numbers (when you low carb) and so just leave you sitting at around 6 all day. Whereas when you have carbs it has to work to keep you at an average of 6 by going lower when it can to compensate for the higher. Well that is my hypothesis but can't prove it. It could be that it just overreacts so you go lower which is more likely it and so you just stay at a lower level (causing the same outcome)

Reactions: 4 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@ally1 I just have to send you my congratulations. You deserve a massive pat on the back for your impressive drop in numbers in such a short time. I'm so pleased you are feeling better too.

Keep up the good work. You will be soon be inspiring others too :)

Reactions: 6 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, i,m getting on ok with the increase in meds thank you

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at bedtime, still banging head :banghead:
5.8 this morning, a bit better

I was 4.7 before tea at 7pm. I was 6.0 after 2 hrs. So why isn't it going down at bedtime (after 4hrs)? I had griddled cod fillet, which is heavy in protein. Is that the reason? Total protein for the day was 76g.

I should add I had a heavy carb lunch - making my total for the day 30g more than I normally have. Didn't test after lunch but was down to the 4.7 before tea.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww thank you @AndBreathe. Permission to stamp feet and throw myself on the ground? I love it!

Its a total mystery to me. For years I've had a large glass of hot water with a generous squeeze of lemon, on waking and going to bed. I dropped the bedtime one last night, thinking it might be the citrus. I've also reduced my drugs further and dropped the co-codomol as my joint pain and inflammation has reduced since low-carbing. So I'm not taking any meds at bedtime.

Other personal stuff is ongoing but 1st Sept has been mooted as settlement date. Not getting too excited as I've already had 2.5 years of raised and dashed hopes and broken promises.

I'm with you on the cold. I also have heating on for 30 mins each morning (and evening) and yesterday was praying there wouldn't be a house fire or anyone calling at the door as I was wearing capri pants and Ugg boots to keep my feet warm!

Have a good day and thank you for the support

Hmmmmm. Interesting.

Diana - you know where I am on medication, but in your shoes, I might be tempted to take the anti-inflammatory for a couple of nights, to see if that makes a difference. I'm absolutely not advocating self-medicating, or drugs for drugs sake, and I am delighted you've managed to significantly reduce the drugs you're taking, and particularly those that can be addictive, but I wonder if your underlying inflammation levels are asymptomatically raised, or at a personal threshold. Just a though.

Good news you have a settlement date though. Even if it moves again, I am assuming it would not be you asking for the change?

Fingers crossed for you, on both counts.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmmmm. Interesting.

Diana - you know where I am on medication, but in your shoes, I might be tempted to take the anti-inflammatory for a couple of nights, to see if that makes a difference. I'm absolutely not advocating self-medicating, or drugs for drugs sake, and I am delighted you've managed to significantly reduce the drugs you're taking, and particularly those that can be addictive, but I wonder if your underlying inflammation levels are asymptomatically raised, or at a personal threshold. Just a though.

Good news you have a settlement date though. Even if it moves again, I am assuming it would not be you asking for the change?

Fingers crossed for you, on both counts.

Thank you, excellent advice.

Re settlement date - no absolutely wouldn't be me suggesting a change. I've been pushing to wind up the estate for the past 2 years but have been blocked by my 2 incompetent co-executors who happen toalso be my siblings. I now have no faith in them whatsoever, but I do have a very good legal team.

On another personal note - shared purely to make you smile - heavily pregnant daughter #1 is still not speaking to me since I organised a surprise baby shower for her earlier this month when she returned home for some quality Mummy and Daughter time. (I demand a refund!) She has now returned home to the little offshore island where she lives with her partner and yesterday I received in the post, 2 pairs of knickers I had washed and posted on to her, believing them to be hers. They were returned to me in a small envelope accompanied only by a post-it note telling me they were her sisters, not hers!

My crime was to organise a "surprise" baby shower which apparently is another example of me controlling her. I can now say in all honesty, that I cannot control my fasting bs, let alone another person's life! :)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.4 after going to bed on 6.5. Well at least it didn't go up further.

I'm putting this down to two long days of driving, working and not enough sleep. Dinner last night was on the motorway, but they had a Mexicana franchise so it was a salad box with shredded beef, sour cream, chillis, guacamole etc. Back home now, we'll see what happens today.

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.8, after going to bed on 4.2 (probably a new low for me, I'm normally in the 5's)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning , which is 5.5 in old codefree money ;-) happy with that as I was awake three times In night with panics.

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning, I aim to keep it below 5, which it usually is. The difficulty is trying to work out why it is higher on certain days, I think that sometimes it just is!

Maxwell

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning, I aim to keep it below 5, which it usually is. The difficulty is trying to work out why it is higher on certain days, I think that sometimes it just is!

Maxwell

Agreed.......

Reluctantly!

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have actually done really well, one small piece taking the crust off..That is really good for me..

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, excellent advice.

Re settlement date - no absolutely wouldn't be me suggesting a change. I've been pushing to wind up the estate for the past 2 years but have been blocked by my 2 incompetent co-executors who happen toalso be my siblings. I now have no faith in them whatsoever, but I do have a very good legal team.

On another personal note - shared purely to make you smile - heavily pregnant daughter #1 is still not speaking to me since I organised a surprise baby shower for her earlier this month when she returned home for some quality Mummy and Daughter time. (I demand a refund!) She has now returned home to the little offshore island where she lives with her partner and yesterday I received in the post, 2 pairs of knickers I had washed and posted on to her, believing them to be hers. They were returned to me in a small envelope accompanied only by a post-it note telling me they were her sisters, not hers!

My crime was to organise a "surprise" baby shower which apparently is another example of me controlling her. I can now say in all honesty, that I cannot control my fasting bs, let alone another person's life! :)

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow if that would not raise your blood sugar I don't know what would.. Stress not good...

Status
Not open for further replies.