AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Somebody, somewhere will have that level of scrutiny, for
Technically most things are possible Zand, but I would be very surprised and disturbed if it was actually being done.

I doubt anything would be done on here, unless there was a requirement in law, to investigate a crime or serious allegation, and the access might need a court order, depending on the requirements.

We all agreed to terms and conditions which clearly refer to confidentiality when we joined.

A few years ago, at a place where I was working, there was a massive investigation which started as a result of some racist remarks in the workplace, between two colleagues and expanded into many, many things and many areas of the business, including the IT infrastructure. It was very enlightening, in a way I never wanted to understand, to be honest. Because of the level I sat at, I ended up dismissing, and upholding the dismissal of individuals whose niavity around their actions was stunning. And that included a senior manager. To my knowledge he has never worked at a serious level again.

I'm absolutely not suggesting anything like that is happening on here, but the lesson is, to always assume someone somewhere can see or access what you write, and don't offer your neck up to any noose. On IT systems things don't go away. They may go down the pile, but they almost always remain accessible.

Reactions: 2 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Private messages/PMs are not moderated or monitored at present. However, they can be reported. If a PM is reported, the message is attached to the report - hence the message can be read (and is, due to the fact it is reported). This is what has happened in this instance.

PMs are not monitored/read/moderated at all, unless reported. This policy is not due to change. If it does, members would be notified of a change in the forum T&Cs.

Edited for clarity

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Giv. That sounds OK to me. Will we be told if there is ever a change in this policy?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
lol, OK I might not another chance to say this, so I'll say it now. I bought Run Ragged Cd the other day. It was nice knowing you Jaylee

Really!? Thanks.. Did you notice any of the subtle "Diabeticisms" in a couple of the tune lyrics?? ;)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thanks Giv. That sounds OK to me. Will we be told if there is ever a change in this policy?
Clarified my post to clear that bit up. Basically yes, you will be notified if there is any change in T&Cs.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Clarified my post to clear that bit up. Basically yes, you will be notified if there is any change in T&Cs.

Giverny - Would there be a requirement to change the T&Cs, bearing in mind the content of para 9.3?

For the avoidance of doubt, I am supremely unconcerned by any monitoring.

It also wasn't me who reported the message in the first instance. (Because human nature says we'll all be wondering now........ And, no. I don't expect or hope anyone will be named, either by themselves or by the forum speculation mill.)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Giverny - Would there be a requirement to change the T&Cs, bearing in mind the content of para 9.3?
I don't see why there would be.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand that it was maybe a little unethical to send these PM's and against the rules. However I'm a bit confused as to why it's felt that the link itself was a problem. It was a link to a forum helping diabetics. Isn't that what this forum is meant to be about? I feel it would've been better if the mods had simply spoken to whoever had sent the PM's and with their permission published the link officially as a complementary site to this one. Perhaps some people would want to belong to both forums, surely that wouldn't be a problem? We all want to help ourselves and help others improve their health, don't we?

I reported a post a while back which was totally unconnected with diabetes and which was very controversial and had no place in a diabetes forum and that remained in place. So maybe some people who report things are listened to whilst others aren't? I really don't understand the double standards here.

Paranoia again, huih?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fine, so I'll stay paranoid.
No, really zand. They would have to employ so many to read all our posts. They would get bored quickly too. Or offended when they read about how little confidence we have in them.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for clarifying, Giverny.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I understand that it was maybe a little unethical to send these PM's and against the rules. However I'm a bit confused as to why it's felt that the link itself was a problem. It was a link to a forum helping diabetics. Isn't that what this forum is meant to be about? I feel it would've been better if the mods had simply spoken to whoever had sent the PM's and with their permission published the link officially as a complementary site to this one. Perhaps some people would want to belong to both forums, surely that wouldn't be a problem? We all want to help ourselves and others improve their health, don't we?

I reported a post a while back which was totally unconnected with diabetes and which was very controversial and had no place in a diabetes forum and that remained in place. So maybe some people who report things are listened to whilst others aren't? I really don't understand the double standards here.

Paranoia again, huih?
Thank you for typing what I'm thinking :)

Reactions: 5 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It was a link to a forum helping diabetics.
It was a link to a forum containing threads that berate and belittle members from this forum, as well as encouraging the belief that this forum is corrupt for whatever reason. I don't consider that helpful or constructive and don't wish for that kind of nonsense to be spread here.

I'm not prepared to get into a public debate over 'the other forum', so any concerns should be directed to me via PM. Honestly, please feel free to PM me about the forum - I'm here to help!

Reactions: 4 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Does it? I must have missed those posts...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was a link to a forum containing threads that berate and belittle members from this forum, as well as encouraging the belief that this forum is corrupt for whatever reason. I don't consider that helpful or constructive and don't wish for that kind of nonsense to be spread here.

I'm not prepared to get into a public debate over 'the other forum', so any concerns should be directed to me via PM. Honestly, please feel free to PM me about the forum - I'm here to help!
OK

kyrani99

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
toxic people
It doesn't appear that they are moderated when a long while back now one member made some very hateful remarks to me and that was not moderated.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It doesn't appear that they are moderated when a long while back now one member made some very hateful remarks to me and that was not moderated.

Try to focus on the positive to the remarks made, placing the toxic that clouds the message outside of a pyramid, thus concentrating on the narrative at the apex in the reply...
Dwelling on negatives & seeking a resolution through commenting outside of the context of the pyramid, uproots the toxic & only serves cause and effect like an ember falling out the fire touching a hemp rug.. :)

Reactions: 7 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try to focus on the positive to the remarks made, placing the toxic that clouds the message outside of a pyramid, thus concentrating on the narrative at the apex in the reply...
Dwelling on negatives & seeking a resolution through commenting outside of the context of the pyramid, uproots the toxic & only serves cause and effect like an ember falling out the fire touching a hemp rug.. :)

@Jaylee, I dunno what you have been doing tonight, but I want some.

You sound just like Yoda :D

Signy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.