Smaller lucozade bottles "petition"

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's ok if your T1 to use pure sugar to relieve a hypo. But not for me or many T2s. From a hypo to a hyper!
The Best way is with low carbs and a diet drink!

I cant sign it cos it is actually a lot more dangerous than just sugar!

It is a quick sugar kick for some kids and the fallout for these drinks and full coke is going to be a problem for generations.

H

Hooked

It's ok if your T1 to use pure sugar to relieve a hypo. But not for me or many T2s. From a hypo to a hyper!

It is a quick sugar kick for some kids and the fallout for these drinks and full coke is going to be a problem for generations.

(Speaking as a T1 here) Usually the cause of going from hypo to hyper is a result of over doing it on the quick acting carbs for a hypo. Hence why a lot of diabetics would love to see a smaller lucozade bottle with just enough carbs to treat a hypo (typically 10 - 15g).

There is a lot worse things people are putting into their bodies than a small amount of lucozade to treat a hypo, which is life threatening. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
(Speaking as a T1 here) Usually the cause of going from hypo to hyper is a result of over doing it on the quick acting carbs for a hypo. Hence why a lot of diabetics would love to see a smaller lucozade bottle with just enough carbs to treat a hypo (typically 10 - 15g).

There is a lot worse things people are putting into their bodies than a small amount of lucozade to treat a hypo, which is life threatening. ;)
Agree but there is something better for everything except these horrific drinks.
Always makes me chuckle when I remember as a kid that patients were given huge bottles of the stuff when family and friends visited them in hospital.

H

Hooked

Agree but there is something better for everything except these horrific drinks.
Always makes me chuckle when I remember as a kid that patients were given huge bottles of the stuff when family and friends visited them in hospital.

I remember those, wrapped up in orange cellophane in a dimpled glass bottle. Blast from the past, lol.

Scardoc

Supply and demand, it wouldn't be viable. Plus, have a look at the cost of the tiny diluting juice bottles they sell now, extortionate.

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Why not just pour the amount needed into a small light-weight container which would be easy to transport and have about you?

annelise

H

Hooked

Supply and demand, it wouldn't be viable. Plus, have a look at the cost of the tiny diluting juice bottles they sell now, extortionate.
I disagree, I know a lot of diabetics who lament about wanting smaller bottles of lucozade to tote around in case of hypos. Much nicer than those glucogels. :)

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Cos it ends up flat where as a sealed bottle stays fizzy until needed. :)
I would have thought that the fizzyness would not exactly be the first thing you would need in the situation of a low? - but rather the glucose?

annelise

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I would have thought that the fizzyness would not exactly be the first thing you would need in the situation of a low? - but rather the glucose?

annelise

When in a hypo you still know whether a drink is **** or nice.. So a flat drink can still make a huge difference to whether it is ok to drink or not.

If its not nice to drink when you're ok, why the heck would it taste any better when you're hypo?

When hypo, it is more important to have something that is goood tasting and something the patient will readily accept..

No way on earth would I drink a flat drink.. It would get spat out or chucked at someone if someone tried to help me with a driink of something that wasn't good or in my liking.

Fortunately I don't have worries like that,but evenwhen treating a normal low by myself there is no way I would drink anything that was flat...

Reactions: 4 people

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

It would be nice of you to sign for the Type 1s you wouldn't need to buy them.

Reactions: 4 people

Anie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One of the things on the list my GP gave me was lucozade, to drink in a measured amount if I'll and not able to eat anything. Hope I'm not ill, cos I can't find the list, so don't know what else was on it! I do remember that there were specific quantities, and the dn said it was important to have something and to keep taking my medication,.

Reactions: 5 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You can also buy a product called Glucojuice that comes in a 60ml bottle and contains 15g of fast-acting glucose, there not cheap and cost around £1.50 per bottle.