Off into hospital tomorrow for an operation

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done, sounds great! Take care and get well soon.

K

Kat100

Hi Andrew , glad you are home , hope you are resting and making a very good recovery .....best wishes Kat :cat:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Did you take it home with you to use in bullet proof coffee and stuff?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
lol nope it went to the lab to make sure that it didn't have any nasties in it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
lol nope it went to the lab to make sure that it didn't have any nasties in it.
I know I shouldn't have but couldn't resist it being tea timeish!
I nearly chucked up as I typed it!!!

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
heehee

not to worry had similar discussions at work about fry-ups etc

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, wow,

I don't know why I have not seen this thread until now. Sorry Andrew, something obviously not right with my alerts on here.

Hope the recovery goes well. Suggest increase protein, and plenty of fluid, as despite fluid retention that is best way to flush and weird stuff from system following anaesthetic. Oh, and no matter how well you feel, take it easy with exercise for a week or two. Serious respect for your stoicism. That was one heck of a big lump to have been carrying.

Had I caught you before your surgery, I would have mentioned that my experience of major op early this year, having like yourself controlled BG through Newcastle diet, was that BG was lower than ever in few days post op. Major surgery not a recommended method of T2 control though.

Best wishes

Pipp

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh, wow,

I don't know why I have not seen this thread until now. Sorry Andrew, something obviously not right with my alerts on here.

Hope the recovery goes well. Suggest increase protein, and plenty of fluid, as despite fluid retention that is best way to flush and weird stuff from system following anaesthetic. Oh, and no matter how well you feel, take it easy with exercise for a week or two. Serious respect for your stoicism. That was one heck of a big lump to have been carrying.

Had I caught you before your surgery, I would have mentioned that my experience of major op early this year, having like yourself controlled BG through Newcastle diet, was that BG was lower than ever in few days post op. Major surgery not a recommended method of T2 control though.

Best wishes

Pipp

Consultant went to great pains to say no exercise for 2 weeks and then only light exercise. Interestingly I haven't seen any change in my BG levels post op - not even a slight rise or fall. I have been eating more protein (yay for peanut butter and ryvita) and it must be working because this morning I am more agile and it is beginning to itch.

Off to see the nurse for a wound check this afternoon - wonder if she will remove the steri-strips

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear everything's going well after the op Andrew

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
I am going into hospital for an operation on my back tomorrow. Nothing too serious just a 7 inch diameter lump that I found on my back after losing weight (a lipoma). Because of its size and depth this will be under a general. Anyone got any advice on anaesthetics, BG levels, etc?

By the way it is an estimated 3 lbs so that will take me down to 12st 4lbs (just 4 lbs from my target) so that is a benefit.
Hope things are going well Andrew.

i once had an ovarian cyst removed...weighed a whopping 2 stone! Instant weight loss. This by the way is why I don't trust doctors...they kept missing it and asking if I was depressed cos I was knocking their door down every day after being in the most horrendous pain all night...funny enough it only hurt when I laid down! How odd.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Consultant went to great pains to say no exercise for 2 weeks and then only light exercise. Interestingly I haven't seen any change in my BG levels post op - not even a slight rise or fall. I have been eating more protein (yay for peanut butter and ryvita) and it must be working because this morning I am more agile and it is beginning to itch.

Off to see the nurse for a wound check this afternoon - wonder if she will remove the steri-strips

Peanut butter, yay! Ryvita, nay! It is like plywood.
But, if that is what you feel like eating crunch away.
Bet the no exercise bit will be annoying though?

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
I am going into hospital for an operation on my back tomorrow. Nothing too serious just a 7 inch diameter lump that I found on my back after losing weight (a lipoma). Because of its size and depth this will be under a general. Anyone got any advice on anaesthetics, BG levels, etc?

By the way it is an estimated 3 lbs so that will take me down to 12st 4lbs (just 4 lbs from my target) so that is a benefit.
hope everything goes well speak again soon

Adele99

Glad all went well, and hope you make a quick recovery. Interesting as my wee dog has a huge lipoma relative to his size on his flank. But because he's old and he's a nightmare to handle with a wound, the vet said to leave it alone and just keep my eye on it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't believe I missed this!

Glad it went well.

Hmmm, I wonder how much I could lose with a tummy tuck? ;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad all went well, and hope you make a quick recovery. Interesting as my wee dog has a huge lipoma relative to his size on his flank. But because he's old and he's a nightmare to handle with a wound, the vet said to leave it alone and just keep my eye on it.

Good thing @Andrew Colvin 's medical team didn't think that about him then eh?

Hope you are continuing to be well, Andrew.