Or rile time

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Nice you enjoyed a good Sunday family lunch ....
Let us know how you get on with your appointments ....

Insulin ....my knowledge is not good as I take medication ....
Any t2 on insulin with information to share with Clarence please ???

Always keep,asking , lots of people will know ....chat soon ..Kat
Hi kat feel much better today did not knowe what to do yesterday,we'll we had a very good clinic today,they where very pleased with me,I have to make one adjustment to the night time insulin,apart from that it's all ok,so we are happy again,due to the steroids my readings will never be perfect,and I can't do without them,it's knowing what to do when the mg (brain thing) kicks in,anyway hope you are well regards

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Hello,Clarence
Nice to hear from you , really glad that your appointment went well ....glad you got some information with your insulin ...
No things won't ever be perfect , but I am sure you make the most of your good days ...
You can relax a bit now this week now that all the appointments are out of the way ....
Do,some reading .... :)
You like your iPad ...I download the free jizsaw puzzles on mine ....love them they keep me busy for hours and you get a free one everyday that you have to remember to download ....keeps my brain busy ....great fun
I have been for a walk today that was nice and have just fed the little deer and pheasant that visit us in the garden they both come every evening ...
Take care ....best wishes to,both you and your wife ....have a nice evening ....chat soon Kat :cat:

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hello,Clarence
Nice to hear from you , really glad that your appointment went well ....glad you got some information with your insulin ...
No things won't ever be perfect , but I am sure you make the most of your good days ...
You can relax a bit now this week now that all the appointments are out of the way ....
Do,some reading .... :)
You like your iPad ...I download the free jizsaw puzzles on mine ....love them they keep me busy for hours and you get a free one everyday that you have to remember to download ....keeps my brain busy ....great fun
I have been for a walk today that was nice and have just fed the little deer and pheasant that visit us in the garden they both come every evening ...
Take care ....best wishes to,both you and your wife ....have a nice evening ....chat soon Kat :cat:
Hi kat it must be nice to have deer in your garden,ok on the free puzzles not tried that yet will have to have a look and see,I have to make a small adjustment to the night time insulin for three nights,if the readings improve then ii leave it,if there is no improvement I reduce it again for three nights until I am happy with the readings,and the bit I like most they don't want to see me for six months,just the brain clinic tomorrow and that's it,take care regards

Adele99

We'll I don't do to much really,I am the cArer for the wife74who has chronic asthma and c pod and oxygen 16 hours a day,so I do the meals and other stuff just to keep things going,I have a kindle reader and like to read war novels,murder mysteries,can't stand TV except the news,I was for many years registered with the home office as a radio monitoring station,including the Far East,and Falklands but enough of that but I do miss it regards
Hi C
Are nice, hope your appointment with the brain people goes well. Re your comment on TV these days, I'm not too keen on all the reality programmes they show these days or things like Strictly or X Factor etc, but love BBC 4 late at night as it's often got war documentaries and stories. Last night I was watching a programme called when Britain ruled the skies , all about the use of jet engines in commercial aircraft.

I'm still getting to grips with an IPad and reading books on it. Have just downloaded the complete works of Sherlock Holmes. I read it many years while travelling to work on the train ago, so thought I'd read it again.

I hear the IPad has a drawing/painting facility and some of the software is free to download, if that's an option you'd maybe like to have a bash at.

Reactions: 2 people

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hi C
Are nice, hope your appointment with the brain people goes well. Re your comment on TV these days, I'm not too keen on all the reality programmes they show these days or things like Strictly or X Factor etc, but love BBC 4 late at night as it's often got war documentaries and stories. Last night I was watching a programme called when Britain ruled the skies , all about the use of jet engines in commercial aircraft.

I'm still getting to grips with an IPad and reading books on it. Have just downloaded the complete works of Sherlock Holmes. I read it many years while travelling to work on the train ago, so thought I'd read it again.

I hear the IPad has a drawing/painting facility and some of the software is free to download, if that's an option you'd maybe like to have a bash at.
Hi we'll drawing and painting use to be one of my favorite pastimes,never any good at it mind but it help me relax,I must a it I have not really explored the full ipad thing there are some very good things you can do with it,the brain thing we'll they have all ready told me there is nothing to be done,and what the outlook is,this is a follow up fom last month just monitoring I think regards

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hi kat we'll the brain clinic was not all that good,we have to wait 5/6 weeks then we go into hospital for a week,we have to have something called a plasma exchange over 5days they need to flus out the chemical I have in my system,if this works I can reduce some of my meds including the steroids,but the effect only last 6weeks,and I would have to go again every 6 weeks,so at the moment not to happy with things,but if it improves things even for a short time has to be good,more later regards

K

Kat100

Hi,Clarence ,
Not quite the put come
Hi kat we'll the brain clinic was not all that good,we have to wait 5/6 weeks then we go into hospital for a week,we have to have something called a plasma exchange over 5days they need to flus out the chemical I have in my system,if this works I can reduce some of my meds including the steroids,but the effect only last 6weeks,and I would have to go again every 6 weeks,so at the moment not to happy with things,but if it improves things even for a short time has to be good,more later regards
hi Clarence ,
How is your week going , sorry for not getting back to you earlier ....
I think every bit of improvement which can help is a good thing...
Still very stressful though...
I admire the way you cope , have you been doing any cooking ?
Yes I need to learn so much more on the iPad ...the jizsaw puzzles keep me going for ages, I make them Into about 300 parts.
Don't forget to load the daily free one so that you can keep a good few as a back up , that way you will never run out ...
Yes I have heard about the drawing and painting on iPad , I have not tried that out yet , sounds good , there is so much to learn ...
What happens with your wife while you are in hospital , do,you have any support near by. ?
Always awful going in and out of hospital , we all like being at home best with our own routines ...
I know you would like to go out for a walk , do you see any neighbours ....
Yes I love my little family of wildlife in the garden , they all wait for feeding times ....even little clock work orange , a little type of mouse who has his own little house ....well on old bird box converted ....keeps him warm ....loves a bit of seed ...he is very fussy .
The deer, named bambi of course comes every day ...he jumps over the fence there is a farm behind us and I know he gets fed there as well .
We must of had about 20 bluetits arrive this morning , all on the feeders, and in the bird bath , just amazing ....to watch ...
Goodness it is August bank holiday weekend , already ,,what will you be doing , are family coming for another meal hope so ...
Chat soon Clarence , sorry I can't advise on insulin ....others will if you need help just ask ...
Meanwhile best wishes to both you and your wife ....Kat :cat:

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hi,Clarence ,
Not quite the put come

hi Clarence ,
How is your week going , sorry for not getting back to you earlier ....
I think every bit of improvement which can help is a good thing...
Still very stressful though...
I admire the way you cope , have you been doing any cooking ?
Yes I need to learn so much more on the iPad ...the jizsaw puzzles keep me going for ages, I make them Into about 300 parts.
Don't forget to load the daily free one so that you can keep a good few as a back up , that way you will never run out ...
Yes I have heard about the drawing and painting on iPad , I have not tried that out yet , sounds good , there is so much to learn ...
What happens with your wife while you are in hospital , do,you have any support near by. ?
Always awful going in and out of hospital , we all like being at home best with our own routines ...
I know you would like to go out for a walk , do you see any neighbours ....
Yes I love my little family of wildlife in the garden , they all wait for feeding times ....even little clock work orange , a little type of mouse who has his own little house ....well on old bird box converted ....keeps him warm ....loves a bit of seed ...he is very fussy .
The deer, named bambi of course comes every day ...he jumps over the fence there is a farm behind us and I know he gets fed there as well .
We must of had about 20 bluetits arrive this morning , all on the feeders, and in the bird bath , just amazing ....to watch ...
Goodness it is August bank holiday weekend , already ,,what will you be doing , are family coming for another meal hope so ...
Chat soon Clarence , sorry I can't advise on insulin ....others will if you need help just ask ...
Meanwhile best wishes to both you and your wife ....Kat :cat:

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hi kat nice to hear fRom you,yes the new insuline dosage is working very well and my morning readings are getting near what they should be,when I go into hospital my daughter stays with the wife and yes we do get some support in as well,,and we have very good local Health centre which we can see from the front window approx 100mtrs away with chemist as well,so we don't have to go very far,ok on the puzzles I will look when I find the time,cooking well I did cottage pie today but not feeling at my best at the moment,my brain thing is a funny condition,the more you fight I tithe worst it gets,and you must rest as much as possible,but I h,ad to do the shop today,and the walk was a little to far and not well since,thinking about a little scooter one that goes on the pavement save me walking,but it will mean a bit of work this end to make storage secure,anyway visitors so regards to all

K

Kat100

Hi kat nice to hear fRom you,yes the new insuline dosage is working very well and my morning readings are getting near what they should be,when I go into hospital my daughter stays with the wife and yes we do get some support in as well,,and we have very good local Health centre which we can see from the front window approx 100mtrs away with chemist as well,so we don't have to go very far,ok on the puzzles I will look when I find the time,cooking well I did cottage pie today but not feeling at my best at the moment,my brain thing is a funny condition,the more you fight I tithe worst it gets,and you must rest as much as possible,but I h,ad to do the shop today,and the walk was a little to far and not well since,thinking about a little scooter one that goes on the pavement save me walking,but it will mean a bit of work this end to make storage secure,anyway visitors so regards to all
Hi Clarence ,
Good to know you have support ....
You have been busy in the kitchen , a real man about the house .... :)
Sorry you are finding the walk a bit to far ...yes good idea to consider the scooter....nice to get out for a little while when you can ...
How are you managing your neurological symptoms .....yes you do need to rest....when you can , relaxing and less stress are very important .
It is all a bit if a juggling act , rest , shopping , health , having diabetic problems and trying to lead a normal life as much as possible and aiming to stay well ...
Do you take a shopping trolley out when you shop you don't really want to carry any shopping bags ...lots of men use them,now , very modern .
Make the most of your good days ....maybe someone here can suggest diet ideas to suit your insulin if you would like that , I know you cook for your wife as well ....glad your numbers are fine...that is good news ...
I am going to watch the last part of a drama I have been watching tonight the honourable woman ....I do wonder how it will end , I will know before I go to bed .... :)
Don't forget to tell me some of the places in the Far East you went to ....I like travel news....along with lots of other members here...
Ok , we will catch up.soon .....look for those puzzles , very very relaxing I promise you ....take care Kat :cat: