Sporty Forty.e t

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My break came when I get referred to a NHS dietician. I did a food diary, she scowled at me. I ate less until she stopped scowling.
Now as I've done it, lost the excess weight, and I can feel the difference, I don't want it back.
I've experimented recently, but always made it back later.
I have had enough of piggybacking a small child around.
I don't want it back.

I have lost a lot of weight already. Just stalled. Dieticians have been of no use. I always gain weight when I eat to their recommendations.

I have perfected an even better scowl than anything they can come up with. I became diabetic following their recommendations. I 'reversed' diabetes through my own research and rigidly sticking to Newcastle diet and exercise.

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I guess mine was the exception.
She was brilliant.
It was a weight loss diet, not a diabetic diet.
From basic calorie counting, we discussed low fat, low GI, and we modified it to suit the range of foods I could eat.
Structured the calories around the exercise I did, and I lost weight at a good, sustainable rate.
I still keep in touch by email to let her know it's not going back on.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess mine was the exception.
She was brilliant.
It was a weight loss diet, not a diabetic diet.
From basic calorie counting, we discussed low fat, low GI, and we modified it to suit the range of foods I could eat.
Structured the calories around the exercise I did, and I lost weight at a good, sustainable rate.
I still keep in touch by email to let her know it's not going back on.

That is good.
All I have ever heard from dieticians is the standard carbs with every meal. That is how I got fat and diabetic in the first place. As I am less fat and have non-diabetic blood glucose for over 3 years, no diabetic medication for last 4 months, I must have done something right. Without a dietician interfering.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
OK, some suggestions from Rod for nightie/PJ dancing (run for the hills, run for the hills!).

Part 1 - New Order

From the days before rave, superstar DJs and MP3s. I included these on a set of compilation tapes which I did for a housewarming party in 1984 (I've still got the tapes, must get them transferred to CD). The extended mixes are quite long so should even give Jamrox a run for her money.

I think Blue Monday still has the record for the biggest selling 12 inch vinyl single.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on walk Zand . I have to admit not been out the house today except to hang washing out in garden and it's so so hot here at moment that when hubby got back from work I couldn't face doing anything . I will walk round the garden later this evening when it's cooler and water my plant pots which seem to be looking worse for wear since I have been in hospital !!!! Am able to cook dinner again so at least getting better food now ( don't tell hubby I said that ) Avocado , tomato and mozzarella salad tonight with a little French dressing . Going out tomorrow so will try harder x

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's still early days yet Connie, so you're still doing well. I'm useless in the heat and am much more energetic now it's a bit cooler here.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No aquafit session today, but I went to the pool and spent 50 mins swimming, and doing an aquafit routine of my own. As it was quiet in there I changed from breaststroke to fast crawl. Not very good at that but improving, and it feels brilliant to power through the water that fast. Good thing there were only a few people in there. Nothing was going to get in my way.

Tired now, but had a short walk for 10 mins with a few sit downs on the way.

@Jamrox's little suggestion that I persevere with eating and she would do the same with swimming has spurred me on. So far today I have been eating in the perfect Newcastle way. Ok, so its only been a few hours, but you don't think I am going to report back to Jamrox that I have failed do you? Cheers Jamrox.

So, hope you have had a swim today Jamrox!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No aquafit session today, but I went to the pool and spent 50 mins swimming, and doing an aquafit routine of my own. As it was quiet in there I changed from breaststroke to fast crawl. Not very good at that but improving, and it feels brilliant to power through the water that fast. Good thing there were only a few people in there. Nothing was going to get in my way.

Tired now, but had a short walk for 10 mins with a few sit downs on the way.

@Jamrox's little suggestion that I persevere with eating and she would do the same with swimming has spurred me on. So far today I have been eating in the perfect Newcastle way. Ok, so its only been a few hours, but you don't think I am going to report back to Jamrox that I have failed do you? Cheers Jamrox.

So, hope you have had a swim today Jamrox!
well done PIpp

I've just had my own struggle with food and I won this time!;)

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well done PIpp

I've just had my own struggle with food and I won this time!;)
Yay, for us!
Got to keep Jamrox at the swimming, and if that means I have to eat sensibly I will take one for the team!

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay, for us!
Got to keep Jamrox at the swimming, and if that means I have to eat sensibly I will take one for the team!

Well, I am doing the sensible eating for me really, but if I say it is for Jamrox I will be more inclined to stick with it.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Ohhhh I love new order ..how does it feel .....

Oh Pipp I could nt swim today , got stuck in work and by the time I got away there were swimming lessons on:(. Taking my swim suit to Edinburgh with me though and having a lesson on Monday.
Just been on bike and cross trainer xx Sorry xx

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rod, I hate New order almost as much as I hate the Smiths and Joy Division. I'd rather nail my feet to the floor than dance to them ;-)

Did about 40 minutes walking in Hexham then stood round waiting for Mr E to choose a book. Going to get on bike once dinner settles- I say dinner on here but I call it tea in real life. Pretending to be posh!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Sorry CE, hopefully there might be something more to your taste next time!

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Rod, I hate New order almost as much as I hate the Smiths and Joy Division. I'd rather nail my feet to the floor than dance to them ;-)

Did about 40 minutes walking in Hexham then stood round waiting for Mr E to choose a book. Going to get on bike once dinner settles- I say dinner on here but I call it tea in real life. Pretending to be posh!

I love straight talking people @cold ethyl tell it like it is!! Quite like them myself, like most music except reggae and garage and heavy classical and most jazz and........

Whole of lunch hour spent walking, mostly eat when I get back to work now yay!!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
like most music except ... most jazz and........

Now that's a statement that is going to get my attention! Just out of curiosity what jazz do you like?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Saw the beat supporting David Bowie in 1983 at Milton Keynes. Skived off school to go with a mate. Oh to be young again.