What Yogurts Brands do you use

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Heard on here that everyone recommends the full fat variety,, but what ones? When I was looking in Sainsburys the other day I noticed that they all had about 10-15 gram of Carbs in them,,, even the Greek style. I would have thought that would have been bad so can anyone recommend any that are the best options to look for.

Cheers

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tesco have released a new full fat greek 4 pack at 5g a pot which I find handy - not on their website though :-/

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i've been looking as well, and thought that it was a bit high. i'll have a look for Farge though, is it a sainsbury, tesco seller.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
i've been looking as well, and thought that it was a bit high. i'll have a look for Farge though, is it a sainsbury, tesco seller.

It is widely sold in supermarkets, full fat and reduced fat versions.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ASDA Extra Special Authentic Greek Yoghurt.

Carbs 4g/100g, £1.35 for 400g

It's luscious! :hungry:

Reactions: 2 people

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I might have tried a FAGE TOTAL before,,, is it really thick ?? as the one I remember trying awhile back was really thick ,, think it was quite plain but I see from google they do it a host of flavors

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the flavours will have higher carbs... you have been warned!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
the flavours will have higher carbs... you have been warned!

Indeed they have. Read the labels. Try a plain one. You can always add a small amount of berries yourself. This sweetens it and gives it flavour.

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if there are any ready made natural jams that are low in carb/sugar that could be added that would keep for awhile. Ordered a recipe book for LCHF so hoping it might have some suggestions that I have never thought of as well

iHs

Millbona from Lidl is very nice. So is Aytac, Sofra, Fulya........lovely creamy yogurts at the large Asian supermarkets.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Millbona from Lidl is very nice. So is Aytac, Sofra, Fulya........lovely creamy yogurts at the large Asian supermarkets.

The Milbona yogurt from Lidl is very nice and comes a close second to the Onken Bio Pot yogurt, for value for money the Lidl brand is far better.

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
will need to check the lidl brand next time im in. That Rage stuff is the one I tried before. It was the low fat one I tried tbf and it looked like polyfilla and pretty much tasted what I would imagine Polyfilla would taste like also.

The Sainsburys where I live only sell the Low Fat one except for a huge tub which I couldn't really use for a packed lunch,besides wouldn't want to buy it before knowing what it would be like,, I am pretty sure the Morrisons stock the same but will have a look. Pity we dont have a Tesco or an Asda,, so Lidl is the last option then.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wonder if there are any ready made natural jams that are low in carb/sugar that could be added that would keep for awhile. Ordered a recipe book for LCHF so hoping it might have some suggestions that I have never thought of as well

Sorry to be a downer again but the 'sugar, in sugar free jam is full of carbs and often has a laxative effect. Frozen blueberrys work very well, you could blitz a punnet at a time and freeze in ice cube trays? Or buying frozen berrys?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I put a wee bit of jam and a lesser bit of honey in with my berries and no sugar spikes.
Hazelnuts and berries growing all around me right now so my wife and grandchildren will be out picking trucloads anytime soon.

1andylock

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It doesn't mean that you cant eat fat ones it just means you cant tell anyone.
Tesco 0% Greek Yoghurt for me.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl one does it for me.... every morning for the last 4 months... with nuts and raspberries, lovely stuff

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
If i can get it Silk has a lovely soy yogurt that tastes good but its only in the US for the most part getting it here in Canada is very uncommon (i've seen it once in the past 10 years), other wise I go with WholeSoy & Co. cultured soy as it taste good though again trying to get it can be a hit or miss … I can't have the coconut or almond yogurts that are on the market, though I have been able to find a cashew one, but unfortunately only seen it once and never again = annoyed as it tasted great.

Kathryn_Southern

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
Full fat yoghurt, particularly because I follow a low-carb diet, because non-fat or 2% yoghurts always have added bulking agents that increase the carbs. Occasionally I do have the Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry Yoghurt though.