Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 again. Eating late again due to playing football. I am sure eating later effects my early morning numbers? Also did wake early when the mrs brought me tea at 5am on her way to work and then not doing my first test until 6.30. On a positive note weighed myself yesterday after football. 16st 10 on the 14 July diagnosis day, last night 14st 13llb. Sooo pleased I dropped under 15st but was immediately post football so guess it will creep up during the normal day

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 for me too.....I also ate late due to work then the supermarket run, now a day of bank holiday check-in at work for me, going to be manic!!

Reactions: 3 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 yeay, despite waking up at 4am and the dog jumping on the bed obviously my liver was tired today lol. in work early and if no doctors ring in sick, i might be able to get other work done today.

Reactions: 5 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
this am was 7.7 and I thought would be lower after watching very carefully what I ate yesterday...

Reactions: 4 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. On holiday at the moment so eating more than usual and not so much cycling, going to try for a full day gardening after I have done the ironing. Domesticated or what!

Maxwell

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.1, lower than I predicted after yesterday.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I declare 4.5 (4.0 adjusted).

I have some personal admin to get on with today, plus a note to Home Health regarding the high reading strips some of us have encountered. So, I was up pretty promply this morning and have already done some tidying outside and got a batch of slow cooker chilli bubbling away. It's smelling good. No prizes for guessing tonight's dinner, although, looking at the slow cooker, I should be freezing loads too.

Last night, I did a variation on an old Breathe household favourite. Essentially, the original recipe calls for quality sausages, butternut squash, red onion and courgette and basil, but I just make it up as I go along, really. It's just a chopping the veg into decent chunks, then placing it onto a baking sheet, with a tiny bit of oil, to prevent any sticking, and throwing it into the over for 35-40 minutes. On my own, last night, I used more Mediterranean veg, along with some Asda Louisiana Spicy sausages. It was lovely, and boy, are those sausages spicy, and low carb. That'll be on repeat, especially as it's a grat way of clearing down the odd courgette, mushroom and so on.

Best crack on. Have a great day everyone.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds delicious- will give it a try next shop.
Be interesting to see what Home Health say- I guess as they are within their tolerance that will be that but at least you have pointed it out. I haven't bothered testing with another meter or new batch of strips as you kind folk have done that and my body is telling me I am lower than the meter reading- a few periods of feeling suddenly odd and meter not showing under 4.5 which is when I start to feel a bit in need of a hot drink and a mouthful of food.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds delicious- will give it a try next shop.
Be interesting to see what Home Health say- I guess as they are within their tolerance that will be that but at least you have pointed it out. I haven't bothered testing with another meter or new batch of strips as you kind folk have done that and my body is telling me I am lower than the meter reading- a few periods of feeling suddenly odd and meter not showing under 4.5 which is when I start to feel a bit in need of a hot drink and a mouthful of food.

Ethyl - I had quite a long chat with the guy at Home Health yesterday. He confirmed that provided the readers I consider to be erroneous are within the +/-20% tolerance allowable, they would not take any action. Whatever the variance, they will feed back to the manufacturer, but expect their response to be the same as their own.

Interestingly, he told me they do in house testing, against control solutions, on every new bulk delivery they take, to reassure themselves there has been no catastrophic event during the shipment period. He seemed very professional and their approach seemed fair.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the response would be something along those lines. And I guess that is as much as they can do- check that they are within the specified tolerances. I'm sure my second batch read about a similar amount on the lower side so it is swings and roundabouts though it would be great if they were more accurate. As long as a few people were experiencing the same thing I have been quite relaxed about my readings, apart from the one at 17.1 which I was a bit freaked by- can only assume I hadn't wiped that finger as well as the rest. It will be interesting to get onto a new batch and see what happens but I have at least another two tubs of this lot left.

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Hello All,

Hope you are all well and fitting fit. :D

I have seen the thread in fasting blood glucose, but was wondering what they are for only Type 2's.

Mine are between 4.5 and 6.0 depending on what I have eaten / drunk the night before.

Cheers
SImply_h

Reactions: 2 people

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
mine was 12 this morning having eaten a 7pm last night

Status
Not open for further replies.