Forxiga: good, bad or ugly

Mrssmurf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I have seen a couple of discussions on here regarding Forxiga but not a lot ( people may jump in here and post loads of links).
Just wondered what peoples thought were of it.
I have been on it for 2 months and lost weight.

Cheers x

DanaB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi..I have been on forxiga for about three months....really noticed a difference and have come off insulin...fasting sugar still high at 10 most mornings but I take the forxiga in the morning. Does anyone take the forxiga at night? I notice in e morning my sugar level drops to around 8 after breakfast which is normally a big bowl of oats so thought maybe I might try taking it before bed to see if that helps the fasting...happy to hear anyone else's thoughts?

Lulu64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I have seen a couple of discussions on here regarding Forxiga but not a lot ( people may jump in here and post loads of links).
Just wondered what peoples thought were of it.
I have been on it for 2 months and lost weight.

Cheers x
I was on it for a couple of weeks but then I got a urinary tract infection so was told to stop taking until I had finished antibiotics. I am now back on it and I have lost some weight ( a couple of pounds) but was wondering if you changed your diet or increased exercise or was your weight loss solely down to Forxiga? Have your blood levels come down? I still seem to be high first thing in the morning???

Simply

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on it for almost a week , blood sugars have halved and I've lost a bit of weight too .
Seems too good to be true , but apart from wee-ing for Britain no side effects

DanaB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
H there,,,brief update....six kilos down and hba1c is 7.0 s can't be happier with the results. I take the forxiga at night now and the only issue I have is that I have to get up overnight to pee, apart from that I reckon it's a miracle drug!

I've been taking forxiga now for just over a week, taking it in the morning. I've seen no change in my blood sugar, still hovering at about 9, with the odd 6 before lunch and tea - which is pretty much where it was before.
I try to drink plenty of water, but wonder if I should be taking it at night?
Or am I too eager to see results, does it take longer to take effect?

Simply

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like we started our meds at the same time LittleMissChatterbox , it might be worth comparing notes occasionally .
My bs readings were particularly high , and my doc was talking of insulin if this doesn't work . I also take Glimepiride and Metformin , but I'm definitely getting much better bs results in less than a week . .

I was hoping it might take a bit longer to take effect and I was being a bit over eager....I'm not due a blood test until November, so it'd be great if I could get some positive results - although right now it doesn't feel like anything is changing at all:(
I drink quite a bit of water, maybe 6-8 glasses a day...maybe I should try taking the tablet at night?

Simply

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fingers crossed , it may depend on your metabolism or other meds .
Some of my readings were as high as 18 , so I suppose its easier for them to fall .
Lots of luck .

Simply

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dry and sore , not sure if I'm being affected by the new meds or the fact the heather is out