Does anyone have a Carb or Cheat Day

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Lol.

You HAVE done well.

You just need to poo more regularly.

* ducks and runs for cover *
image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Funny you should post this, as i'm killing the last half hour of work. Get up and go has gone. I'm thinking what can i have for tea fancy some salmon, mushrooms, onion, cauliflower rice again left from yesterday. But will possibly have to go to the chippy for hubby for his fish and chips on the way home, i might pinch one chip. I dont miss take away food surprisingly enough.

But i will have 4 squares of plain chocolate tonight, no peanuts cos i've eaten them (need to stop buying them because i eat them) and some jelly if there's any left. But am going to get daughter to make those lemon drizzle buns again without the icing.

My treat will be on holiday in 2 weeks 5 days, whilst still sort of being good and trying to avoid wraps and chips but possibly having a waffle with hot cherries on maybe some ice cream once during the fortnight.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One day I AM going to have a vanilla slice.
How odd that this would be the treat of my choice when I genuinely have never had a sweet tooth.
The only sweet/chocolate things I've eaten since diagnosis are a few vanilla ice creams (no cornet) on various holidays.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm planning on a small portion of homemade chips with my Boxing Day turkey. I'll do twenty minutes on the bike afterwards and cross my fingers.

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
One day I AM going to have a vanilla slice.
How odd that this would be the treat of my choice when I genuinely have never had a sweet tooth.
The only sweet/chocolate things I've eaten since diagnosis are a few vanilla ice creams (no cornet) on various holidays.
Do it! Or share one with Mr Ethyl!

Duran

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I cheated one day and it turned into nearly a year of being out of control with my eating and put back all the weight I lost, my bloods went sky high and I was full on into denial, I'm now two weeks back on low carb feeling better than a long time, IM NO GOOD AT CHEATING..

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cheated one day and it turned into nearly a year of being out of control with my eating and put back all the weight I lost, my bloods went sky high and I was full on into denial, I'm now two weeks back on low carb feeling better than a long time, IM NO GOOD AT CHEATING..
It is soooo d*mn easy.

Done it myself.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Guaranteed if my hubby has 2 glasses of wine on Fri, Sat n Sun he will lose 3lb by Monday morning. He is low carb during the day.

The other noticeable thing with his weight loss , was if he gets 8 hours sleep he loses weight.

If certain weeks he only gets 5-6 hours a night (due to shifts) he found it harder to lose weight, (despite doing circuit training twice a week on the early shifts) because of the lack of sleep he did not lose so much weight.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally if I feel like eating something I shouldn't I usually still do but I won't eat a lot of it. I find that it is easier to stick to healthy eating if I'm not depriving myself. It might mean I just have a small bite of something I like but it keeps me happy. I don't consider it cheating as I have diabetes for life which means I have to watch what I eat all the time. My green prescription advisor told me I should be doing 30 min 5 x a week of exercise that really gets my heart pumping and I gave it a go but it didn't suit me so I just stick to what I like which is walking and I'm doing fine. I found it is the same with my eating, if I don't allow myself little bits of what I like every now and then I am more likely to binge on a packet of biscuits (not 1 or 2, the whole pack) so if I allow myself a biscuit if I feel like one I don't feel guilty. If you are happy the way you are eating, exercising ect just keep on that path as it seems to be working for you.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Please please please don't shoot me down here, I had knee surgery in May and haven't been back to work since (I'm going back on 22nd September), I've been really quite sedentary and have found that the longer this has gone on the more often I've wanted to eat ****.
I've eaten biscuits, sweets, crisps and chocolate fairly regularly, and I've justified it with "when I go back to work I'll be ok....."

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Please please please don't shoot me down here, I had knee surgery in May and haven't been back to work since (I'm going back on 22nd September), I've been really quite sedentary and have found that the longer this has gone on the more often I've wanted to eat ****.
I've eaten biscuits, sweets, crisps and chocolate fairly regularly, and I've justified it with "when I go back to work I'll be ok....."
Just make sure you do then! ;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why would we shoot you down?

I'll bet there isn't a person on here who hasn't backslid at some point.

There have been times when I've moved backwards further, faster and longer than I care to admit.

But one day, we pick ourselves up and go forwards again. Because we have to.

Are you looking forward to going back to work?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure we've all been there.

At the risk of sounding smug, I've found the best way of dealing with it is to not think of term as cheats at all which I think encourages the " oh ****** it I've blown it now might as well have another" attitude. So I might plan within my carb allowance to have a half a dozen chips with my gammon steak if I'm out, or a few crisps from hubby's big bag with my salad picnic lunch. Not every day , but just knowing I can do it if I need to / want to has kept me pretty much on the straight and narrow since diagnosis.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm sure we've all been there.

At the risk of sounding smug, I've found the best way of dealing with it is to not think of term as cheats at all which I think encourages the " oh ****** it I've blown it now might as well have another" attitude. So I might plan within my carb allowance to have a half a dozen chips with my gammon steak if I'm out, or a few crisps from hubby's big bag with my salad picnic lunch. Not every day , but just knowing I can do it if I need to / want to has kept me pretty much on the straight and narrow since diagnosis.
I have pretty much the same approach! I don't measure carbs. I just avoid starchy ones and cake, biscuits and sweets. If my daughter is having sweets I'll pinch one now and then. Occasionally I pinch the odd biscuit. If I'm desperate I'll make choc mug cake with sweetener and ground almonds or home made ice cream with frozen berries, cream and a tsp of sweetener.

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was very strict. 3 low carb meals a day and nothing in between. Then I was pronounced cured. I did not like that and decided to up my carb intake to show the doctors it was only my diet. My HbA1c dropped again. So I have gone slightly higher carb. Mainly an occasion treat rather than increasing meals to much.