Yoghurt - share your favourite low carb ways of having yours

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Wow, some fantastic ideas! It's making me more enthusiastic about eating yoghurt now :) I especially like the suggestions of grated dark chocolate, and the cinnamon. Wonder if adding some ginger in with the chocolate would be good? I need to experiment!
I use crystalised ginger very nice.

Reactions: 4 people

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have also tried dessicated coconut and cocoa powder with Total, but it needs some tweaking and possibly a touch of sweetener.

Reactions: 2 people

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
That sounds like @sunspots, almost like a bounty-flavoured yoghurt!

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I have fruit, any kind that I have in, sometimes a desert spoonful of muesli and a few raisins. I also make my own yoghurt and have a yoghurt strainer which you make soft yoghurt cheese, it actually gets a little thicker over seven days if it last that long.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like cucumber in my yoghurt for a savoury dish..

I have just put my next batch of homemade yoghurt into the cupboard which is warmed by the freezer's outlet. Just recently I've perfected my full fat, thick and creamy Greek style yoghurt and I love the fact that I know exactly what's gone into it. Admittedly, I've no idea how the changes that take place affect the carbs in the stuff, but I'm sure they are not awful as when I test it doesn't seem to spike my BS.

Supaloo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I had mine with blueberries cashew nuts a wee squidge of strawberry jam a smaller squidge of honey and three jelly babies chopped up very small ... I know I know but but but ... my granddaughter had left three behind and and and .... It was delish!
:D

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Full fat greek yoghurt with pumpkin/sunflower seeds,blueberries, strawberries ,raspberries, a little double cream,and a little mascorpone ...

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Full fat Greek yoghurt, cinnamon, toasted flaked almonds, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, 10 frozen
blueberries ( :D ) , vanilla extract.

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Home made yoghurt with either raspberries, strawberries or blueberries, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Sometimes microwaved plums or apple