New Hypo symptom??

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello,

So today I have now had 3 hypo's.....need to change my basals back but I have a new symptom...I believe....basically my eyes go funny....but I can't really describe how they go...it's hard to explain....so yeah maybe this is a pointless post lol sorry

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not something I get but have read before about peoples eyes going a bit funny.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In the early days of experiencing hypos I would have a visual disturbance like a blue light in the middle of my vision. I sometimes experience horizontal double vision when my blood sugar leves are rising.

scoyyt57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get visual disturbance hen hypo. I see a sort of black pattern in front of my eyes, especially if I am hypo on waking.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Funny eyes or blurry vision is one of many symptoms that people can experience during a hypo, it doesn't matter what symptoms you have as long as you recognise them and act on them, I always needto go for a pee when my bg is low which seems unusual, but my main symptom is a hunger feeling.

Reactions: 2 people

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When my sugars are very low, say below 2, I've had that it's like a blind spot flashing. It's scary and I never test just EAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toby64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello All,
I have been a type 1 for over 50 years, and have found that different types of insulin, have given me different types of reactions when entering a hypo. Many years ago when i was on animal insulin you would get tingling of the skin around your mouth and tongue, when i went to the first lot of synthetic it was very different, blurred vision was one of the early signs and my wife could see that i was go into hypo,she said that my eyes would get a glassy look to them, if the hypo was a bad one i would start to get the shakes, and skin color would go white, and eventually start slurring my words. In 2010 they put me onto 2 new insulin's and for 4 weeks i could not feel hypos coming on, even in hospital i was 1 on three occasions and knew nothing about , after 4 weeks later they told me to back onto my old insulin, which i did, Recently they have changed my insulin again and i now have a whole new set of sensations to learn, i now sweat profusely, and the bit i do not like is i have developed palpitations and chest pains when entering a hypo state. There are many little signs that we all learn to recognize, and these are very important, the main issue i have found with the newer insulin's is that you do not have the same flexibility with the time as i use to have with the older animal insulin's. I hope you may find my experience helpful in some way.
Best Regards
and Good Health to All
Toby.

Reactions: 6 people

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The centre of my vision sometimes blurs. It's very similar to one of my migraine symptoms which is a bit confusing.

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
About 10 years ago I used to get a lot of migraines. The first thing to go during a migraine would be my eyesight. I would think 'I'm either having a migraine or a hypo.' I could never tell the difference until I tested my blood sugars, so fear not, this is a normal hypo symptom.