Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Such a difficult one to answer as we don't really know each other well outside of the forum, some avatars are really good and some are really disturbing, I never use to have one up until a year or two back but thought I'd like to include one, the Flintstones was one of my favourite cartoons as a child so decided on using Fred as my avatar, he bears no reflection to myself btw :D

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Isn't you Avatar Hagar the Horrible's wife? I allways loved that cartoon strip. Also reminds me of the Monty Python spam sketch.

You can't beat a good Viking.
Yes it's true! I have bent my frying pan giving Mr Scandi what for! :hilarious:
My avatar is indeed Helga the horrible!

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Such a difficult one to answer as we don't really know each other well outside of the forum, some avatars are really good and some are really disturbing, I never use to have one up until a year or two back but thought I'd like to include one, the Flintstones was one of my favourite cartoons as a child so decided on using Fred as my avatar, he bears no reflection to myself btw :D

I like him. :) Fred, that is.

Avatar selection is a weird one, isn't it?
We choose our own avatars, usually before we even start posting.
And they have SUCH an influence on how we are perceived. At least, they influence how I perceive people.
AND we never really understand how others see us... I'm loving Ms Rabbit, but would I have picked her?
Never in a million years... :happy:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

And they have SUCH an influence on how we are perceived. At least, they influence how I perceive people.
AND we never really understand how others see us... I'm loving Ms Rabbit, but would I have picked her?

Your new avatar is good Brunneria :)

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

But admit it! Aren't you having fun?!:D

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Aww disappointing! :D

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well hello boys...
(Remember the wonder bra adverts?)
This new ID is going to take some getting used to!
Just for you:D
image.jpg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well @Spiker we need to change yours because every time I look at your avatar I see the look on your face as you stab another needle in. Very disconcerting for all!

I don't "see" anything. I just "hear" Father Jack (aka @Spiker ) yell those words. :stop:

Actually, that might just be the voices in my head. ;)

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well hello boys...
(Remember the wonder bra adverts?)
This new ID is going to take some getting used to!

You might have to find a low carb recipe for carrot cake now.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm glad you picked Jessica (Felicity is too ;)) :D

You are spot on about perception by others, some avatars I like, others I don't and some are just plain neutral . I think most go for neutral initially, then reveal their true selves as confidence grows :D I started with an avatar photo of a cat of mine (He Who Must Be Obeyed), then switched to my current one because I love the T shirt logo ;) But no doubt I'll get bored and go into disguise at some point :D

Signy

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi Folks,

Some people have the perfect avatar don't they?
I'm thinking of @Scandichic , @Spiker and @Andy12345 , @ElyDave and @Jaylee at the moment.
I'm sure you can think of others?
If so, who?

And, can you think of a perfect avatar for someone on this forum? Something so stunningly appropriate that it captures their essence?

You will need to play nice, of course. No steaming piles of horse dung. I don't want @Giverny having to come round tidying up your messes (although I do go a wee bit weak kneed at his avatar, so maybe he could look in occasionally...)
Sorry @Giverny just been told (below) that you're a girl! :eek: So I withdraw any lust for you, and will aim it at your avatar instead!

Anyway, you've probably worked out my selfish ulterior motive, by now.
I think my avatar is boring.
I can't decide on a better one.
Who do you think I really am?
I might even use it!

Please play nice

huh? *shrug* lol

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i like this avatar, i feel it suggests no one should listen to a word i say, therefore giving me freedom to talk nonsense lol which is perfect :)

Reactions: 11 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Folks,

Some people have the perfect avatar don't they?
I'm thinking of @Scandichic , @Spiker and @Andy12345 , @ElyDave and @Jaylee at the moment.
I'm sure you can think of others?
If so, who?

And, can you think of a perfect avatar for someone on this forum? Something so stunningly appropriate that it captures their essence?

You will need to play nice, of course. No steaming piles of horse dung. I don't want @Giverny having to come round tidying up your messes (although I do go a wee bit weak kneed at his avatar, so maybe he could look in occasionally...)
Sorry @Giverny just been told (below) that you're a girl! :eek: So I withdraw any lust for you, and will aim it at your avatar instead!

Anyway, you've probably worked out my selfish ulterior motive, by now.
I think my avatar is boring.
I can't decide on a better one.
Who do you think I really am?
I might even use it!

Please play nice

Hi, just seen this flagged up..
I glad you considered mine capturing my essence.. In reality the pic was taken while I was technically at "work" a. Few months back at a biker rally in Oxford.. Lol

@Heathenlass I'm glad you enlightened me about the tee shirt... I've actually been wondering if that was you wearing it...?;)

@Spiker s is just quality.. Don't ever change it!