Sporty Forty.e t

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Everyone sounds to have been really trying today. Big waggling thumbs up ( think Brian Blessed in I Claudius )
35 minutes cycling here , 15 mins walking and five mins wrestling with bunk bed sheets.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
@Pipp disaster .don't know if my other post disappeared but the swimming pool in my hotel is closed . I am upset because I want to do it:(

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp disaster .don't know if my other post disappeared but the swimming pool in my hotel is closed . I am upset because I want to do it:(

Aw, Jamrox.

Did read it somewhere. Can't find it now either.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Hope the pool's fixed soon @Jamrox , nothing more annoying than making plans then you can't carry them out grrrrrr!!

40 minute walk yesterday........have a friend visiting today who's doing a 50km charity walk next month along the Thames in aid of motor neurone disease which a mutual friend died from......he doesn't know this town so I'm sure we'll be doing a ton of walking as its all rehearsal, I think I may hit my target today...;)

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
My daughter is swimming 2 miles in Loch Lomond today for charity. She is really a mermaid ...or a muggle mermaid because her mother is very much a land animal lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well she did the swim 2 miles in an hour and a half.
Paulins we hid in a close on the royal mile when that cloud burst , it was a laugh with loads of others lol

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Paulins we hid in a close on the royal mile when that cloud burst , it was a laugh with loads of others lol
Brilliant, that will be you next year!

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I have been out to meet up with some friends that are over and as the town is so full of tourists at the moment parking is a nightmare . We had to park a 15 minute walk away from town and walk in which I managed to do quiet comfortably and after lunch walk back to car so 30 mins in all. On way home did a 5 min tour of supermarket and so feel quite pleased with today's effort . Well done to your daughter Jamrox x

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good effort Connie.

Done my 40 minutes on bike today. Off out to cinema now- haven't been for ages. Might take a cheese portion to nibble on.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Congratulations to her.
It's cold and dark in there.
(I actually want to dive Loch Ness, but really only to say 'I've done it', there's nothing there either, apart from maybe the monster.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I did a 20 minute hike round the supermarket to get the stuff I forgot yesterday. (Coffee, as I am doing Newcastle diet, and I need some treats), and skimmed milk.

I paced quickly, and I had my brand new pedometer on my belt. Shame I had not set the darn thing right, so no steps were recorded.

Have been home alone, so quite happy to make a fool of myself trying more advanced Pilates, that took 35 mins, but not sure all of that was exercise as much of the time I was lying on the mat trying to work out the instructions on the screen. So finished doing the physio exercises for 12 mins, holding the new 1kg hand weights. That was not much fun.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Brilliant, that will be you next year!

Emmm I don't think soo lol it sounds hard and cold

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I spent the day walking miles in Edinburgh , avoiding the showers (downpours lol) and watching comedy
Pool still not fixed. Never mind I walked miles and hoping to go up Arthurs seat and Calton Hill before we go home , weather permitting! @@@

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...did a ton of walking yesterday, don't think I could've done it without feeling exhausted before the two threads began, look what you've started @Jamrox :)

.....this town's going to be packed today as its the start of the sun sea and sand festival which is held annually but we're off to Rye and Hastings for the day so will easily hit my target again!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Pollylocks believe me I get more out of this than most . I wonder if the street performers from Edinburgh are making their way to you now.

Its my 24 wedding anniversary and I woke up this morning in the fantastic Sheraton hotel in Edinburgh. Have to say its top of my list for hotels now.

Watched the fire works over the castle at midnight last night, they were special beginning to our anniversary.
We are getting ready to walk up Arthurs Seat and if I can talk Mr Jamrox into it we ll go up Calton Hill too.

Reactions: 3 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Paulins , We went up Arthurs seat and I thought of you.
I've taken some photos of views Im surs you ve seen many times and I have now seen twice. Thought they may cheer you up. You have a mountain to climb and I only managed Athurs seat xx

Attachments

• 1408892054519.jpg
    1408892054519.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 1408892100880.jpg
    1408892100880.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 127

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, this is my post for yesterday. I checked on the map and we walked 7 miles in Liverpool yesterday. Don't expect there to be a post for my exercise today though. I'm sure it will only be a 20 min walk later.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Couple more from Edinburgh

Attachments

• 1408893694562.jpg
    1408893694562.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 1408893730153.jpg
    1408893730153.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 141

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Pollylocks believe me I get more out of this than most . I wonder if the street performers from Edinburgh are making their way to you now.

Its my 24 wedding anniversary and I woke up this morning in the fantastic Sheraton hotel in Edinburgh. Have to say its top of my list for hotels now.

Watched the fire works over the castle at midnight last night, they were special beginning to our anniversary.
We are getting ready to walk up Arthurs Seat and if I can talk Mr Jamrox into it we ll go up Calton Hill too.

Congratulations Jamrox :) Sounds great, nice looking weather in Auld Reekie too.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I feel I have to admit something. I get lots of nice comments from people about inspiring them . In truth the man who should be praised is a man from Cyprus called Pavlosn . He had a post where he talked about his life with diabetes . He inspired me.
@pavlosn