Hello Everyone - High Fasting Blood Sugar Levels

Tasha1975

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello fellow members,

I'm Tasha a 39 year old female and I'd like to know if there's anyone who can advise me on how to get my fasting blood sugar levels lower than 10 in the mornings and after breakfast? I've been a Type 2 Diabetic for nearly 12 years and have been taking 3 500mg of Metformin for the whole time. However, after becoming a first time mum 3 years ago coupled with what I call "Diabetic suicide" ( a diet full of starch, sugary foods & drinks etc. without testing) my last HBA1C was a shocking 10.4!

Despite explaining my poor lifestyle to my GP he prescribed Gliclazide and Linagliptin as well as the Metformin I was already taking, which for obvious reasons I don't want to take without trying a LCHF Diet first. So here I am 6 weeks later and overall fairly happy with the lower readings ranging from 6.5 - 9 after every meal EXCEPT for my fasting and after breakfast results. I eat the same types of food 3 times a day (meat/fish with salad/veg including coconut oil, olive oil or butter) but my readings are still mainly 8 -10 in the mornings.

How do I get this down???

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I didnt eat a supper and mine dropped a little..... also dropped later in day grrrrr

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
I'm finding my fasting BG is taking a while to come down (it's not really budged yet) but I'm trying a few different things out, like reducing the amount of protein I have for my evening meal, because I suspect that's just acting more slowly to raise my BG overnight. I've done some overnight testing for 3 nights and found my BG initially dips after dinner, but then around 4 hours it starts to rise again and carries on rising until after breakfast the next day. Today, I had breakfast early (included 10g carb, though I usually have 0g) and noticed I managed to halt the usual morning rise, so by late morning my BG was one of the lowest readings I've seen. I don't know yet if it's coincidence, but I'm hoping that's the morning rise sorted. Now I just need to figure out if reducing tonight's protein intake does anything :)

It's all a matter of trial and error, but I've actually enjoyed playing around a bit...keeps things interesting!

Reactions: 3 people